Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Carpenter/fencing
Joined
·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woke up this morning 7:30,loaded up the tools ,got some supplies ,drove to the job and low and behold the customer is no were to be found ,told the moron twice i'm all booked up on the weekdays so i'll come this weekend(never pass up a job).wife wakes up after i nearly beat the door down,and has no idea were he is.after a nice long hot week i really need this sh-t.finally the moron calls me(2:00 pm) and say's he's sorry he thought i was coming durring the week.now i guess i'll have to work tomorrow and monday evening,sucks because there was another job i could have buttoned up today but i did'nt make arrangements for that customer to be home,so here i sit with my thumb up my a-s. :eek: So i went out and bought a new miter saw stand today,some new blades ,stopped at a yard sale bought some old train stuff and some 1960's comics when i get home my wife balls me out tells me i'm suppose to be making money not spending. oh well tomorrow is another day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,858 Posts
nywoodwizard said:
So i went out and bought a new miter saw stand today,some new blades ,stopped at a yard sale bought some old train stuff and some 1960's comics when i get home my wife balls me out tells me i'm suppose to be making money not spending. oh well tomorrow is another day
Sounds like it all worked out, - - what kind of comics??, - - Stan the Man???
 

·
Carpenter/fencing
Joined
·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm wispering

Tom R said:
Sounds like it all worked out, - - what kind of comics??, - - Stan the Man???
my wife is around the corner! :cheesygri
us air force 1961
classic illustrated 1964
dr jekyll and mr hyde
battlefield action 1959
tales to astonish 1962
model railroader 1950
popular science 1932
 

·
Back from the dead...
Joined
·
6,646 Posts
nywoodwizard said:
woke up this morning 7:30,loaded up the tools ,got some supplies ,drove to the job and low and behold the customer is no were to be found ,told the moron twice i'm all booked up on the weekdays so i'll come this weekend(never pass up a job).wife wakes up after i nearly beat the door down,and has no idea were he is.after a nice long hot week i really need this sh-t.finally the moron calls me(2:00 pm) and say's he's sorry he thought i was coming durring the week.now i guess i'll have to work tomorrow and monday evening,sucks because there was another job i could have buttoned up today but i did'nt make arrangements for that customer to be home,so here i sit with my thumb up my a-s. :eek: So i went out and bought a new miter saw stand today,some new blades ,stopped at a yard sale bought some old train stuff and some 1960's comics when i get home my wife balls me out tells me i'm suppose to be making money not spending. oh well tomorrow is another day
This little stipulation helps out with these situations. Only for this job, i would have cut out the Mon - Fri part, and pasted in the date of the job. One day jobs are scheduled for that exact day, per a signed contract.

A) ACCESS TO THE JOB SITE:
Customer agrees and understands that access to the jobsite must be provided between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, for the duration of this job. If at any time access is not available to the Contractor for any reason, the Customer agrees to reimburse the Contractor for expenses incurred for travel and lost time at the rate of $55.00 per man-hour, and $0.40 per mile per vehicle.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top