Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its is a very nice sander. I use their paper for sanding drywall with the hand block with dust port. Works really well. Stupidly expensive paper though.
Ever try their "basecut" sandpaper? Great stuff. I like it better then 3M Sandblaster and Norton 3x

·
Registered
339 Posts
TBF :

FWIW. Try to avoid *old stock* on the Mirka , if by chance it exists.
I sent mine in under warranty in a very short period of time.....well, as you know the whole AC/DC deal. There was a issue with the harness and RPMS would you fluctuate FWIW.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,701 Posts
I beat the snot out of my "old stock" Ceros. It bit the big one in 2 1/2 years. Sent it in for warranty repair and it came back working. They had to replace the speed card. Other than that it's worked great.

I rarely use Abranet, to pricy. But I do use Mirka Gold and it's in the same price range as most other hook and loop papers. Usually a buck more for a box of 50. I get mine here....

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,701 Posts
You pay for prime. Therefore shipping is not free. You have to buy a lot from them to make it worth it.

Gotta link?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,701 Posts
I use the 5" 5 hole. And I don't ever think I've used 180 grit. Mostly stop at 150, or start at 220.

Prices are comparable.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also use Amazon Prime and that is where I have been getting things.....many things, many many things. The UPS guy is here almost daily. I just used it to order an simpson hanger my yard wouldn't have until Monday. Amazon prime is getting it to me Friday....with free shipping. That means I can finish framing Monday instead of Tuesday and give me one day of breather before the long weekend.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have the five inch ceros and I love it.
I have a six inch Bosch if I need to use a six but I hardly ever use it.
I would get the five.
Nicko

1 - 20 of 51 Posts