Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
TBFGhost said:
Many thanks to BCC, I bought the sander and it's in route. I am excited to finally dump the in line sanders and go back to a true palm sander, much like the pneumatic IRs I used in auto body.
Hope you like it. I can asure you it's rarely been used. I'm good friends with a few of the guys in there and they say its sanded less than a couple sheet of plywood total. The hose was not meant to come with it as it was just the hose that was setup in the demo stand but its handy to have to convert it to another hose style.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Hope you like it. I can asure you it's rarely been used. I'm good friends with a few of the guys in there and they say its sanded less than a couple sheet of plywood total. The hose was not meant to come with it as it was just the hose that was setup in the demo stand but its handy to have to convert it to another hose style.
I am sure I can make the hose work. My dust collection isn't standard anyway. The shop has a 2 hp dust collector for the planer and jointer. But the chop saw, table saw and a 25 foot 1 1/2 hose all connect back to a shop vac on an ivac. I will Prob put the Ceros in a drawer on on of the finishing carts and just connect it to the 1 1/2 hose.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
TBFGhost said:
I am sure I can make the hose work. My dust collection isn't standard anyway. The shop has a 2 hp dust collector for the planer and jointer. But the chop saw, table saw and a 25 foot 1 1/2 hose all connect back to a shop vac on an ivac. I will Prob put the Ceros in a drawer on on of the finishing carts and just connect it to the 1 1/2 hose.
I did notice the festool hose will thread into the back of the ceros nicely. I thought about making a small tall up with a female end on short piece of festool hose to keep the anti static intact.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you sand to 150 grit and stain, how noticeable are the random orbit marks? I always use an inline sander but a random orbital sure would be easier when you have grain coming together perpendicular to each other.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
53,118 Posts
You don't see any. That's the love.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
53,118 Posts
Well use the darn thing and tell us what you think.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
TBFGhost said:
21 dollars. Sticker implies it should have came with a new hose but all I got was a 3 foot section....unless that it all your supposed to get
They don't come with hose but he took the hose from the vac in the demo unit and put it with the sander. I was gonna use it to make tail to attach to my festool hose.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
53,118 Posts
Took me about 10 minutes. If you're having trouble put it in on/off mode. I use the variable speed all the time though, especially for rounding edges.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Best thing about the sander is how "friendly" it is. It just sands, it does it fast and smooth. It doesn't pull you around like my others have. I had Rachel sanding some maple and birch plywood that was being used for shop utility work. You can sorta see the vac setup.

Vacuum on floor next to miter saw. Hooked to a 3" pipe. Y to the miter saw and then up to the ceiling. Over the ceiling. Y to the table saw and then to a 25 foot 1 1/2" hose. The 3' hose that shipped with the sander hooks to the 25' hose no problem with a 2 1/2" to 1 1/4" adapter I had.

Vacuum is on an Ivac. Miter saw, table saw and one duplex are hooked to the Ivac. Using the vac to collect the fine dust keeps it out of the larger dust collector. Plus the vac pulls harder through the smaller hoses and hook ups. (Table saw has a 2 1/2" hook up)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts