Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I buy my batteries on ebay. All have been brand new in the package and I wind up picking them up for $65-70 each. The fuel series is very nice for the most part. I have some fuel and quite a bit of non fuel, they all work great.

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
Becareful buying the batteries on Ebay. Dewalt had issues with cheap Chinese batteries being sold as "real" ones and they were causing issues with tools. I know that alot of those items are Chinese imposters and they area not made with the same internal parts and can actually hurt your tools. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
339 Posts
IMO not worth buying batteries from Fleabay. Counterfits are too high of a risk.

Cost/Cost, the batteries in a kit when you break it down, is considerably *cheap/cheaper* per component pricing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The new batteries are nice, but the fuel tools are leaps and bounds above their counterparts. I would definitely go with the fuel option if you have the opportunity.

Can you tell I'm a fan? :)

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,345 Posts
The batteries on my M18 tools are getting tired after two years. I see the new models are called "red lithium" and they now have the brushless fuel series.

I'm debating getting a combo drill and impact kit or getting new batteries.

Are the batteries from all these model compatible with each other?
The batteries have a three year warranty. Might want to try for a replacement first. I'm fortunate to have a milwaukee center near me. Not an outlet, it's actually owned and staffed by Milwaukee.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My batteries have been ok, but I have been through 2 impacts now. Brushes, not sure if we got 18 months out of them. Thinking of going fuel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts