Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there's a thread on this, I didn't see it. That could be due to old age though.
I wanted to get your guys thoughts on the Milwaukee 2453 impact. It seems like it would be a really good tool The specs are great (some are barely below some 18v impacts).

How is real world performance?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for all of the responses.

I ordered the 2453 impact kit (impact, two 2.0 batteries, charger and case) off Home Depot's website and opted for the free 2408 hammer drill. Came to about $179 or so with tax. Really looking forward to trying it out.

I have a slew of DeWalt 20v stuff but am putting together a separate toolbox (the DeWalt Tough Box & cart) that will hold 95% of all of the tools I need on most jobs. So instead of going through my truck and the Veto Pro Pac, etc. and picking out each individual tool I need, I can just grab this and go. Should have done it sooner. Anyway, with such good specs and being smaller than the 20v stuff, figured it would be a good fit since space will be at a premium.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I you buy the 4.0 batteries for it you will even like it more. I have some of the M12 drills and have been very happy with them.
Most of what I do is fairly light duty work. Due to space being at a premium, I'll likely stay with the smaller batteries.

Report back on what medium you're driving into...

I've held those teeny tiny drills.
Just can't justify the cost when I've got 6 brushless drills in the mix and don't necessarily need more...
I generally use them for drywall, driving self-tapping screws, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts