Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Texan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got two of these in today. For the cost I hope they are worth it.
I didn't really get them totally for door cutouts...they are suppose to have better blade control on cutting and plunge cuts with the truss design....... Plus the position of the teeth in relation to the saw interested me.
1407303170218.jpg
PHP:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Interesting! I assume there is no set to the teeth. Might be a nice option to using the Fein. Look forward to reading how they work in practice.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I would worry about flex/twist, but that might not be an issue if you don't push it too hard. Let us know the results. I like the idea of it.

·
Texan
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw those in HD and laughed at the price.
I ordered mine through Amazon...I don't know why you would laugh at the cost of the blade. I only paid about $35 for two blades. ....Is that bad?:laughing:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I ordered mine through Amazon...I don't know why you would laugh at the cost of the blade. I only paid about $35 for two blades. ....Is that bad?:laughing:
the way our crew burns through blades(and sawzalls) it kills me to even pay the $20 for a 5 pack of axe blades. I guess the even higher price of these makes me feel a bit better.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
the way our crew burns through blades(and sawzalls) it kills me to even pay the $20 for a 5 pack of axe blades. I guess the even higher price of these makes me feel a bit better.
Buy the axe blades on black Friday... I stocked up last year for $9 a 5 pack (9") I probably have 6 packs left still.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sisyphus said:
Now that I've seen a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyonNvxLbSs , (Doh!) the teeth do have a set. I was thinking about the flush cut saws I use which leads me to wonder if someone does make a sawzall blade with no set to the teeth. It might be nice to have in the cordless.
I have never seen one without set. Reciprocating saws aren't precision tools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts