Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone is having issues with there brushless cordless m18 milwaukee tools? Over the past several months I have had to take my impact, hammer drill/driver, and 7-1/4" circular saw to the service center to be sent out for repairs/replacement. These tools are less then 2 years old. I have a non-brushless set that's about 5 years old I retired to the garage and not an issue to be had. Wondering if I'm just unlucky? I take care of my tools so I know I'm no to hard on them.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I was wondering if anyone is having issues with there brushless cordless m18 milwaukee tools? Over the past several months I have had to take my impact, hammer drill/driver, and 7-1/4" circular saw to the service center to be sent out for repairs/replacement. These tools are less then 2 years old. I have a non-brushless set that's about 5 years old I retired to the garage and not an issue to be had. Wondering if I'm just unlucky? I take care of my tools so I know I'm no to hard on them.
We have sent in a couple impact drivers and the OMT's. A while back on here there was some talk about faulty triggers or switches if I recall. Who knows...

They are covered under a 5 year warranty and I live 2 minutes from the UPS store. Yeah it's inconvenient but fill out the form, print off a label for free shipping, drop them off, and a week or two later they're back and working.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
*shrugs* They were fixed under warranty for FREE. I understand not having confidence in their tools. I had to send a tool twice to Milwaukee and it pissed me off, as they didn't read my note at all. It was brand new unused as it never worked right.

All tools today are made cheaper, but the warranties have gotten longer. You had a bad run. Get them back and see if they fail again. If they do, please let us know.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
One nice thing is their warranty covers a ton. I dropped my hackzal off a beam onto a concrete floor and they replace everything inside.
My fuel circular saw fell off a garage roof and cracked the case the also fixed that under warranty.
Can’t complain about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
If Makita would have made their battery platform interchangeable I would have stayed with them.
These marketing people should understand that. You invest in a platform. Sure you may not get new customers invested elsewhere but you will keep more

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I had to send in 2 impacts and a multi tool this year, they sent back brand new ones for all 3

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
49,953 Posts
Never had to send a tool in for repair. Makita, Bosch, Hitachi. Only the Makita's are battery, and none are brushless.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
Replacing a trigger should be no big deal, I'd rather do my own. But there's more to go wrong with brushless, they rely on electronics. I'm staying away from them for now.

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Never had to send a tool in for repair. Makita, Bosch, Hitachi. Only the Makita's are battery, and none are brushless.
I think you'd be disgusted with how I use my tools. Wet, muddy, dropped constantly, thrown in the van. Despite all that, they last pretty long.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I bought some Milwaukee to give them a try. Had trigger issues along with several small design issues.
Also bought some Makita. Really liked them. Had several batteries go bad in about 6 months.
We went with DeWalt. No problems.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I bought some Milwaukee to give them a try. Had trigger issues along with several small design issues.
Also bought some Makita. Really liked them. Had several batteries go bad in about 6 months.
We went with DeWalt. No problems.

I switched to Milwaukee from Dewalt about 4 or 5 years ago when I burned out 2 drills, plus the battery contacts on the Sawzall kept coming loose. The impact still works though

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Pro something
460 Posts
I think Makita has maintained their tool quality standards more than the rest of the MFGs. Milwaukee, Porter Cable, some Bosch and some DeWalt are not what they were when made in the USA or for Bosch Switzerland/Germany

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,657 Posts
I've sent three saws in in the last I wanna say 4 years, got three brand new ones back within a week. It was pretty painless.

Mike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is bad news

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 66 Posts