Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone interchanged the Milwaukee 18v lithium compact batteries with the lithium XC batteries in the same tools? Are these interchangeable? If so which battery system lasted longer?

Thanks, I am lookinmg to replace some of opur older 18v tools and would prefer to buy the items with the most durable and longer lasting batteries.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
They are not interchangable. The V18 tools and old NiCad are interchangable, but they are not interchangable with the M18 series. I'm pretty sure the compact and regular M18 don't interchange either.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
milwaukee batteries are complete rubbish, I am done with wilwaukee forever

I agree with this, i bought the compact drill driver combo on June 5th. On Dec 21st the batteries decided they no longer want to take a charge. This is not an abused drill either, use it maybe 12-15 hours a week. think im gonna take it back and try the makita.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought it was just me, same thing bought a 18v compact drill with m18 batteries & by the 3rd or 4th charge one battery would not charge anymore. Luckily there is a service center a couple miles away & the battery has a 2 yr warranty so I brought it in & the guy says it is a very common problem & don't be surprised if the new one is not any better. The sad part is the drill it's self works ok & it is nice & light weight plus the led light is a nice feature.

·
Jeff
1,485 Posts
Eh stupid home depot told to to eat a fat one when i asked if they'd give me a store credit so i could get a real drill that worked. Told me for $35 they'd send it in and if it was covered id get my money back. I told em it was a POS and got the wow really? Havent had any come back yet. yeah right. Lol maybe i should take it back and say i've only had it 2 months and lost the receipt. :laughing:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Eh stupid home depot told to to eat a fat one when i asked if they'd give me a store credit so i could get a real drill that worked. Told me for $35 they'd send it in and if it was covered id get my money back. I told em it was a POS and got the wow really? Havent had any come back yet. yeah right. Lol maybe i should take it back and say i've only had it 2 months and lost the receipt. :laughing:

Best bet is to send it to a factory service center if you can't get your money back, at least you got a shot a getting one that works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just go over to cordless tools I picked Milwaukee
I have purchased chop saw , drill driver , impact and 165mm cordless saw all run off 5amph bats I purchased a 9 amp battery for the chopsaw ! A month ago all went well till I noticed smoke coming from my 4week old 9amh battery ! Let it cool down and it took a full charge till green ,
Can you tell me if there is a problem with this bat ,? Don’t want to leave it unattended in the charger now

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Yeah I'd send that battery in for testing/ replacement. Batteries shouldn't smoke

Go onto Milwaukees website, you can fill out a warranty service claim on there

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,586 Posts
I have quite a few Milwaukee 5.0 batteries and a normal and rapid charger. For the most part I use them in lighting. I have a jigsaw and and oscillating tool. So far I've had no battery failures or problems with them. Most of the batteries I've got I paid about 1/2 price through Amazon deals.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My helper and I use the 6, 8 and 12ah batteries with the saws at work. Even the buzzy saw and jig saw typically get at least a 6ah. Those big batteries are all holding up after over a year. We do have some smaller ah ones that are 2 and 5ah iirc that are clearly wearing out. But those are at least two years old. Thats been my mil battery experience fwiw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts