·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Is this suppose to be a good deal?

·
Don
1,322 Posts
And that's a good deal?
gees and all this time we were envying them thinking the grass is greener on the other side :laughing::laughing:.

That tape must be made here as we got it in the store but. a good deal is 2 fatmax 16' for $9.99 at Rona :thumbsup:,
dont ask me how but i should have about 100 tapes now because i buy weather i need it or not when its on sale, but i believe i have about 3 :mad: maybe

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I own a ton of Milwaukee toole but have never tried their tapes.I buy the Stanley packs at HD when on sale.A 25' and 16' for $9.99 or whatever .The reason being that my guys are always missing their tapes and getting one of mine"to use" from the trailer.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
You can trim the hook down. I've had mine since they came out (9 months?? ) and it's still in great condition. It doesn't have as much standout as a fat max but it's a great tape.
Wow I can't keep one for 9 days without losing it.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
You can trim the hook down. I've had mine since they came out (9 months?? ) and it's still in great condition. It doesn't have as much standout as a fat max but it's a great tape.
I liked the idea of it, I just wasn't thrilled with the execution if the product. It doesn't seem to want to stand up straight when I have it out and locked either. Always tips over. You and I probably don't do the same stuff all the time. I do a lot of interior work and the tape just doesn't do it for me.

I like the fat max tapes but they tend to always break within the first few inches after a while. The Pete t tape for me would be a fat max with the coating and the belt clip off the Milwaukee.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My two issues with the Milwaukee tape are the hook and the lock. You can't butt the tape and get a good measurement because the end of the tape will always be about 1/4" or so away from what you are measuring. It may be just my tape, but the lock doesn't work worth a damn.
If they would redesign the hook and fix the lock issue it'd be a great tape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts