Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Did run into a problem with the gun today while framing... I think it was the paslode galvanized nails... the strips are 3 nails longer than the non galvanized... so when your gun locks to reload... the next strip won't fit an lock in. So I guess your options are to either play tidly winks and cut 3 nails off every strip or get hosed into buying the ext magazine.
It's kind of a stupid design on their stock mag since like 90% of jobsites anywhere... have paslode nails 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Is it possible it’s just a odd box of nails. I know with my regular paslode two strips of regular and gal is the same

·
Hack
3,047 Posts
I've had mine for a few months and really like having it for setting trusses, back framing, reno framing, scaffold work.... Pretty much anything that ISN'T production style framing. It is NOT a replacement for a pneumatic nailer... But as stated it is dammed heavy compared to a standard pneumatic nailer.
Ill take the convenience over the added weight though.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I've had mine for a few months and really like having it for setting trusses, back framing, reno framing, scaffold work.... Pretty much anything that ISN'T production style framing. It is NOT a replacement for a pneumatic nailer... But as stated it is dammed heavy compared to a standard pneumatic nailer.
Ill take the convenience over the added weight though.
I agree for a basement development it’s much quicker than running a compressor and less to unload and reload into the trailer.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts