Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Design Build
8,574 Posts
Arrived!

Wow.
Fast and deep.

I run 3 ¼” .131 HDG and they sink ¼’ below the surface. Had to dial back the depth setting.

Wow.

I’ve had a bunch of error messages when trying to upload a picture. It’s not a size error message but a missing security token message. When I tried to report it to the administrator even that gave me an error saying invalid post specified.

·
Design Build
8,574 Posts
So I’m considering getting the 30 degree version so I have all nail angles covered. The paper collated nails are nice in that they don’t leave those small hard pieces of plastic everywhere where I typical need to kneel. :censored:

·
Registered
12,972 Posts
True, but if you want to nail off T-111, it leaves little paper tags that are harder to remove than the plastic bits. Though the plastic leaves a bigger hole.

Probably a wash to be honest. But being able to use either is why I want one as well.

Hard to find around here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,972 Posts
I think that radio is very cool.

It is just way too much money. I buy stuff I don't need, but that is just crazy money for a radio and charger.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Design Build
8,574 Posts
with the small pointed contact tip does this gun act as a positive placement nail gun . will it install nails into metal hardware.
You "could try" but I wouldn't. The striker might break. It may miss and shoot out in some dangerous direction. I resist using expensive tools outside of their design parameters if at all possible.

I used to use the boss's nail gun as a hammer sometimes when I first began. He only needed to tell me once to stop. Once I owned my own nail guns, I completely understood the value of using the hammer to hammer and the gun to drive nails. $$$

Hitachi makes a dedicated strap nailer that is worth having.

Well......discontinued....amazon sends me to Metabo

https://www.amazon.com/Metabo-HPT-N...MYWFMBX/dp/B07MYWFMBX/ref=dp_ob_image_hi?th=1

https://www.toolbarn.com/hitachi-nr...MI29jf0_Pp6wIVJRvnCh2HewIAEAQYBSABEgL18_D_BwE

Reactions: Rio

·
Eater of sins.
4,705 Posts
Holy Heavy Batman, and the boys complained about the old Hitachis after using the Max for awhile. This gun is a beast. Still need to fire it yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
What?? You haven't fired it yet?

Tell you what, send it to me and I will test it for you. Then I will send it back highly insured just in case it gets lost somehow.
Sound good?

Did I mention it will be insured? You know, in case it is lost?

Andy.

·
Design Build
8,574 Posts
I don’t think I will be going 100% cordless for labor intensive framing projects. But for the ones that I can imagine not needing a high volume of nailing, this will be my primary weapon.

I can handle the weight, but nothing beats my Max SuperFramer for light/quick/power in a small package.

·
GC/carpenter
44,172 Posts
I have two of the older made in Japan Max SuperFramers. They are about 20 years old and still going strong. I just retired them for the Paslode gas guns.

Mike.

·
Pro
6,313 Posts
I have two of the older made in Japan Max SuperFramers. They are about 20 years old and still going strong. I just retired them for the Paslode gas guns.

Mike.
I have sent both of my Taiwan Max framers in, one multiple times. I am so fed up with tools, can't keep them on the job without falling apart. Between drops and sand, they're life expectancy is pretty low. I am starting to think we're hard on tools though we do a good oiling each day. Might even start doing it mid day.

·
Pro
6,313 Posts
I don’t think I will be going 100% cordless for labor intensive framing projects. But for the ones that I can imagine not needing a high volume of nailing, this will be my primary weapon.

I can handle the weight, but nothing beats my Max SuperFramer for light/quick/power in a small package.
My crew framed next to a full cordless crew, all Milwaukee...chopsaw, other saws, guns, etc..

Guns take a serious beating. Pneumatic is still faster and more cost effective for production framing IMO.

We run all cordless accept for a chopsaw and the nailer and staplers.

I can only imagine how often this hoseless gun would drop from rafters or down a stairwell and be broken on the bulk framing.

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
1,079 Posts
I have 2 of the 30° Milwaukee's in my trailer, and I personally own a Metabo HPT. They are both great for what they are, I've been using them side by side to try and gauge for myself how they compare. So far a 28'x20' shop, a 40'x36' pole barn, couple decks, and some structural repairs. I prefer the Metabo on smaller things, it's just more comfortable in hand, and lighter. I only have the 3ah compact battery it came with though so it does not last long. The Milwaukee is heavy, but also faster and more consistent sinking into LVL, and has the optional extended mag. So far I've had 0 misfires with the Metabo, but when bumping the Milwaukee it has dry fired several times.

Like I said, great for what they are, but I'm reaching for my SuperFramer on a full frame, no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 67 Posts