Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Pro
6,350 Posts
We've been chatting about it off and on for months.

I am considering it but also don't know anyone who's tried one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,728 Posts
Catch 22. Won't buy it until someone tries it and they won't buy it until someone tries it.

·
Hack
3,014 Posts
Joe Canning (former member here) has one, been using it for a short while.... Pick his brain on it

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,711 Posts
We've been chatting about it off and on for months.

I am considering it but also don't know anyone who's tried one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
If you already have the batteries, I would go for it. I looked at the video and it seems like it is heavy and loud, but seems to work well. Not sure what the warranty is, but the defects usually show up early on tools like that.

If they had one of these years ago, my truck would be all red instead of all yellow. No regrets, as the Dewalt guns have proven durable and handy, and the addition of the 60v line had been life changing.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Reading the above comments I'm thinking why not the framing gun first years ago when MW pulled away from the pack ? It would have flown off the shelves with a lot of marketing behind it. Doesn't mean it would have been any good. They could have been another DW that had several bad years and gave up tons of business. Somebody made a wise decision ?

A framing gun failure first would have dinged everything that came after. Good for MW, they figured something out, right place, right time. Me I have about 12 MW batt tools. Just got a new M18 7.25". My first one is about worn out. I would get one most likely, but my MAX USA is tough to beat for a remodeler.

Hope they stay the course with the framing gun.

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
Replaced some rafters on my deck overhang and got to use the gun. She's one chunky monkey but she does the job.

·
Pro something
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been carrying just a small DeWalt pancake around,it's not too heavy and runs most everything I need... I do like the idea of the new Milwaukee cordless compressor. I wonder how fast that would eat through batteries?

·
Super Moderator
10,711 Posts
I have two of the Dewalt cordless compressors. For trim and light punch out, they are fantastic. We went overboard once and framed a basement using one, which burnt up the motor. Was replaced under warranty though. They do eat through the batteries, but I have a couple dozen of those.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,728 Posts
Senco 1010 compressor is tiny, light and will run a single gun.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,728 Posts
They are $109 new.

I got mine when they were $99

Worth every penny.

I have a 1HP Campbell Hausfeld compressor. It's very quiet and portable. I had to use it recently and went to pick it up and ugg - heavy. LOL

The Senco is very light, but it also only puts out 0.7 CFM so it can really only operate a nail gun. It'll fill up a tire, if you want to wait. But it's much better than one of those tiny emergency tire inflators.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts