Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using the new Milwaukee cutzall? Looks pretty handy but I don't know about battery life etc...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I was about to get one when they were on sale with the driver combos...but 200 dollars is 200 dollars.

I'm looking forward to reviews from thoes who didn't cheap-out like me.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
alot of tools are looking downright cheap anymore. 2 wweks ago i did the unthinkable and dropped $140 on 2 new 12v makita batteries for my impact instead of just getting a new impact, everything looked and felt like fisher price:mad:

always been a milwaukee fan have lots of milwaukee stuff, they know how to make a decent tool, BUT their batteries are total crap, if it werent for scoring 12 new 18 v batts through a recall last year i would have dumped milwaukee , on the other hand i have several paslode batts that are about 7 yrs old and work peefectly, also those makita batts i replaced were 4 yrs old,

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have 2 of those older Makita 12v. I know what you mean on the cheap tools today. I have had poor results with those batts. 2.6aH NiMH makita. They are wore than NiCads. The battery prices are like the "razor- razor blade" issue. So annoying that we do not have some std. battery types that could interchange. They changed from the red NiCad for enviro reasons. How about the materials wasted, money spent on having to replace the about 2 times as often. May of these "green" changes have little common sense and actually have a worse overall impact. The other brands with NiCads, seem to last much longer.
Dido on the Milwaukee. The replacements are better. I do not leave them in the charger after the charge is done and use a fan during the charge.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Anyone using the new Milwaukee cutzall? Looks pretty handy but I don't know about battery life etc...
I bought the driver & it seems pretty decent! It won't do what a full size will do (18volt), but it is light weight & battery life seems good. What's nice is it's small enough to fit in a tool pouch & the led light really comes in handy.Waiting to see if the saw goes on sale for xmass time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts