Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys buy milk crates online?

I'm on an organizing kick, I wanted to pick up a bunch for my truck and shop.

I searched on here, I swear there was a thread about quality ones, but I couldn't find it. I don't want to order them and then end up getting some cheap knock offs.

I was looking at this site, they seem like the real deal to me. And the best part, Made in the USA.

http://www.milkcratesdirect.com/

Dave

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I use a few but not many. I am looking at organizational restructuring. LBoxx is on the list as well as other storage options. I only have one crate on the truck. They are pretty good at storing certain items, but too deep for multiple layers of supplies or tools.

·
Registered
591 Posts
TNTSERVICES said:
I use a few but not many. I am looking at organizational restructuring. LBoxx is on the list as well as other storage options. I only have one crate on the truck. They are pretty good at storing certain items, but too deep for multiple layers of supplies or tools.
I only have one in the van also, the rest are in the garage. I'll look into LBoxx, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm doing the same thing, getting my crap organized! I've invested in some systainers and some of the dewalt boxes.

I'd like these these crates mostly for my shop, but a few for the truck too for caulking, shims, tie downs, and a handful of other bigger things.

Dave

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I only have one in the van also, the rest are in the garage. I'll look into LBoxx, thanks for the tip.
Not a bad idea for my storage shelves. Come to think of it I have a few in a cabinet with caulk and painting supplies. Hmmmm...this is getting me thinking...I may have to pick up a few more to see what I can do with them.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,007 Posts
Have gotten a few of the real ones over the years, here and there. I really like them for hauling propane tanks in , work great. also for caulk in my trailer.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have noticed a difference in quality. I wonder if these are the same quality as the real crates.
I have purchased a bunch of these. They hold up well, even used them to form the collection basin of a pondless water fall at my parents house and they are holding up well with riverstone on top. Couldn't spend the $35 a block on the aquablox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts