Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My schedule is finally filling up.

Some of the many contracts that I've had gathering dust have come through!:thumbup::thumbup:

It's been a macaroni and cheese kind of year,never starving-But always hungry.

Suddenly I'm over booked:sad: I am not complaining,I think I have become lazy.All these push jobs,Why is it always that way?

I hope every ones phones are ringing,MIKE

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
You GO Mike!
Wyoming-feast or famine is an old saying, but holds true year after year! It's my favorite.

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Crow Contracting Company - Indiana remodeling contractor says heck, yeah!

Huh,

Must be something in the air, same here, calls are picking up. :thumbsup:

I love having a full schedule, and decisions to prioritize. I love it when a plan comes together. :w00t:

Funny I've been able to somewhat keep things rolling all year, but definetly not what they have been in previous years.

2008 was an awesome year up till about October, then flat on its face. :shutup: Now suddenly this year about the same time, its picking back up. Sheww

Lets just hope it keeps picking up. Lets make 2010 what it should be, Great!

Only the STRONG will survive. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1300 sq ft tile floor starts tomorrow,next a gut and redo if a 1960"s basement,Then three bath rooms- Two total guts,There are a lot more contracts out there --Kind if like bombs waiting to go off.

One VERY good customer is on the search for a foreclosure house to make wheelchair ready.
I know her,she will want to start the day she closes the deal. MIKE

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
You GO Mike!
Wyoming-feast or famine is an old saying, but holds true year after year! It's my favorite.

"ALL or NOTHING" is what I normally say, seems to be how we roll.

But your right its the name of the game, annually. :cool:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Right or wrong...our job board is full and i'm still looking at jobs...looking at schedules with snow to start soon...looking at job board, still looking at jobs every couple of nights....looking at schedule with snow to start soon and wishing i had hair to pull out:laughing:

Make no mistake i'm not complaining one single bit, but it's pretty crazy that we did nothing but tread water all spring/summer with stupid piddly jobs, and all of a sudden BAM we're closing almost everything i look at and they're all medium to big sized. I absolutely hate farming out to subs since i dont make as much and have to babysit along with running my crew on our in house jobs, but at this point, i'm out of options to try and keep up....i just would'nt feel right to bring on 1 or 2 more guys while things are hoppin and then the true winter downturn hits and have to lay them back off again.

Statistically for us we seem to be within +/- $15,000 on annual sales every year for the past 5 years while the spurs have NEVER been the same....so i guess now we're going to make up for the many months of down time this summer....or somethin LOL!!:clap::clap: Worst part, to date only 1 inside major remodel, other than that everything is still outdoor work...not good when we've been hitting 20's at night for over a week already and today was a warm day in the 40's by 3pm....the ole fingers just dont stay as warm as they used too.:laughing:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Same here, I am doing 3-4 appointments a day! I used to think one a day was awesome. and we are closing them pretty good

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Let's hope that this is a sign of good things to come in 2010. I'm glad to hear some good news for a change.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I have two 3000+ sq/ft ICF's starting in a few weeks, and have 3 homes going, and 1 steel building.

I talked to my banker yesterday, and we decided to lock my home mortgage at 4.25%.....this is for my new home.

The only thing I have noticed is our commercial work is slowing....and I haven't won a bid on a steel building in quite awhile. Haven't quoted very many either.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
"ALL or NOTHING" is what I normally say, seems to be how we roll.

But your right its the name of the game, annually. :cool:
Same here, peaks and valleys, peaks and valleys. :thumbsup:

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
:clap:

Got another good sized project to bid today. :thumbsup:

Still have to look at it, measure it out, get more details on preferences, etc..
But it sounds like atleast a solid month worth of work. Possibly more, sounded like he had many projects in mind. Hope I can win him over, and come within a compromisable budget.

:excl: It would look great on my calender.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's raining! The homeowner added a nice pattern into the 1300 sf floor--Up charge.

Borrowed a bridge saw from a friend last night,17x17 tile. I'm tired. MIKE

1 - 20 of 24 Posts