Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be in some real do-do with my wife soon! We just agreed on the purchase of a house to buy, and move into. That being said, it does need a bit of work, stuff that can be done over time. Priced REAL good, great location, etc. It will not be a issue to get our money out of if needed!
The issue is, she wants ME to fix the new one, move into it, then repair/paint/etc/as needed the current place to rent, for a additional income. I hate to work on my own house, let a lone 2 or them now! LOL

I should have traded her in on 2 - 25 year olds, but wait, that would be 2 houses again? I can't win!!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you mind teaching me how to do this? No matter my approach, it never works out...
Even if he taught you, me, the next guy, the next generation of men, the entire Military, all the MEN on this planet, guess what, NOPE won't work!!! Just may-be George Jetson has the clue?? (hope I spelled that correct, and ya all are old enough to know who he is!) LOl

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,897 Posts
Two 25 year olds would live forever. At least the wife has an expiration date. :whistling

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two 25 year olds would live forever. At least the wife has an expiration date. :whistling
YEP, you got me there!!!! The 2-25's would could sure would out live me!! BUT I sure would go out with a happy thought!! They are the ones that will have to remember that they killed me. What a way? LOL

The wife, not sure, no one knows that fact for sure!

·
Registered
370 Posts
RIGHT!!! After 30 years of married, the only 2 words that she can hear from me is "YES DEAR"!! Much better that way! Only took me about 25 of them to learn that!!!
How's that old phrase, "can't live with them, can't live with-out them".
After 30 years what can she do to that you have not suffered already?

I would say no and call her bluff.;)

Mark (33 years married)

·
Finish Carpentry
396 Posts
The thought of one house paying for the other would make me smile!

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
Wait, she wants you to move into the new place to fix it up while she's still at the old one? Did she hire a pool boy by chance?

·
Registered
12,370 Posts
As one who has just recently moved into a new house with the intention of fixing it up while we live here, it don't work. At least not in the summer. I can barely get to my customers jobs, let alone anything I need to do on my place. And there is a lot that needs done.

Crown molding and base is just the tip of it. One bathroom needs finished or started, depending on how you look at it, the master bedroom carpet needs laid, the roof needs a bunch of work, the french doors need installed, the interior french doors and most other doors need trimmed. Sheesh, I could go on for days. Heck, the front porch I asked about here like 6 months ago still isn't started.

I'm just glad I have an understanding wife. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts