Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are alot of QB posts here but has anyone opted for microsoft accounting for their record-keeping. I've been told that it has a familiar interface if you already use office apps. Additionally, its provides extremely good integration with excel. These are attractive features for me but I wasnt able to find any posts discussing Microsoft office or any problems encountered?

Sorry- new to this forum. and forgot to introduce myself. Alexis- general contractor from Croydon (London). I've already read some great posts!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently been doing research on new accounting programs and was interested in Microsoft Accounting, but noticed that it will not be distributed after Nov. 16, 2009, per their website. We were also considering a Microsoft Office based accounting program that can be integrated with other office programs. Not a fan of Quickbooks, as we are looking to purchase or develop a new financial software to fit our needs and specifically our budget. Any feedback regarding a Microsoft (or similar) application would be appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have recently been doing research on new accounting programs and was interested in Microsoft Accounting, but noticed that it will not be distributed after Nov. 16, 2009, per their website. We were also considering a Microsoft Office based accounting program that can be integrated with other office programs. Not a fan of Quickbooks, as we are looking to purchase or develop a new financial software to fit our needs and specifically our budget. Any feedback regarding a Microsoft (or similar) application would be appreciated.
I actually bought both and frankly I was not happy with Microsoft Accounting when compated to Quickbooks. The other comments on this thread confirms that the better decisions is stay with Quickbooks and upgrade to PRO.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Alexis

i see you are based in the uk, so i would recomend you take a look at http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/

its old and the gui isnt very impressive but if you use momeymanager and final accounts it gives you a very good overview of your financial situation
its very easy to use and everything is editable, and to top it all its very cheap
when i was looking at software i had a budget of upto £500 and was willing to go a bit higher if it suited my needs but this was a fraction of that.
dont bother with the office manager, it dosnt work too well but the payroll is also very good, if you google it you will see loads of accountants use it
payroll handles and is approved for cis

it might be its useless for your needs but for me as a carpentry contractor it works almost perfect, i say almost as invoicing is handled by office manager and that part was junk so i currently raise invoices in excel but i spoke to moneysoft earlier this year and they do have plans to integrate invoicing within moneymanager

1 - 5 of 5 Posts