Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Microsoft Access or Office interlinking of Documents...

Anyone here using Access to create invoices, keep track of projects and exoenses? It seems like it might be the way to go to do all that. Right now I hand write my invoices on forms I created and just have large speadsheet of exspense data. Anyone out there have some idea or even a template for access to keep track of everything for the company? From tools, to materials, time on the jobs, contact info, invoices, contracts. Microsoft Office is a very powerful group of programes, there must be a way to link all this stuff...

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out PC Plumber - he loves access & has lots of good stuff out there

Have you checked out Quickbooks, or thought about using Microsoft accounting (?), One Note, Share Point combination

I just got the full on Office 07 package and don't yet know the full extent of one note or share point, they are 100% new to me.:eek:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I write software and can write in Access. Access will do what you want and can be customized. But, ( there's always a but ) there are alot of programs out there - that may be a few hundred dollars that will do what you want Here are a couple I have looked and and may fit your budget.

Access Pre Made DB Applications = $ 199 each
www.accesstogo.org.uk/index.html
Orders, Invoices, Contact Mgt

Home Tech Great Access DB software, good screens, Adds specs into the line items
Price: $ 895
Good interface
Uses the cost book ideas, can copy and paste old estimate into a new estimate.
Good Videos,
www.hometechonline.com
"
Bid 4 Build Software Estimating
Extensive software package.
Found on Ebay
http://www.bid4build.com/

Elms Software: combines both labor and materials to a categorized task list.
the task list is extensive. Does not offer an on line version - multiple copies for only $ 299 Rated: A www.elmssoftware.com/

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Anyone here using Access to create invoices, keep track of projects and exoenses? It seems like it might be the way to go to do all that. Right now I hand write my invoices on forms I created and just have large speadsheet of exspense data. Anyone out there have some idea or even a template for access to keep track of everything for the company? From tools, to materials, time on the jobs, contact info, invoices, contracts. Microsoft Office is a very powerful group of programes, there must be a way to link all this stuff...
What you are asking for will cost you tens of thousands of programming dollars to create.

No two companies operate the same.

Consider just one small part of what you would have to create -- you'd basically have to recreate the abilities of Quick Books as part of what you are asking for. Can you imagine the costs involved to do just that?

Like most of us, we all use a hodge podge of different 3rd party tools to accomplish our business tasks from estimating to payroll to accounting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts