Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in the HVAC field. I do not have a mechanical liscense. Therefore, I have to have other people buy items from the suppy houses for me. Where do I go to get this liscense? I have been looking around and havent found anything. I don't want to ask around at work. I'm sure people understand why. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
valkyrieduo99 said:
I work in the HVAC field. I do not have a mechanical liscense. Therefore, I have to have other people buy items from the suppy houses for me. Where do I go to get this liscense? I have been looking around and havent found anything. I don't want to ask around at work. I'm sure people understand why. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Not sure if this is the way it is in Michigan but here, you have to go to our county code enforcement office to get an application to take either the Journeyman or Master Mechanical license test. I would start with your local code enforcement office and ask them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
valkyrieduo99 said:

You need to call the the dept. of consumer & ind. affairs and ask for the mech. division. Ask them for an application to take the test. You will also need to prove that you have worked under a licensed contractor for 3 years and have them sign your application. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts