Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been drawing up some ideas to hang my track from the roof trusses in my trailer but wondering if you guys got any better ideas.

My thoughts so far is hinged at the back of the rail box and swings down to remove or hinged at one end and swings down or directly attract to the trusses.

Here's where I want it mounted on the roof above the work top.

image-3149067739.jpg

·
Hack
3,010 Posts
Do you have the bag for them? Would a couple of rare earth magnets hot glued to the bag work well enough to keep them on the ceiling?

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
And then let me know how well it works. Mine is in my garage right now cause I'm scared for it to get messed up so it doesn't stay in the trailer.

The bungie's sound like a good idea though. Easy in and out, fast, and safe...
True story... Lol

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Build a small box the size of it . Could line inside box with foam or carpet to protect it from banging around during travel .

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
skillman said:
Build a small box the size of it . Could line inside box with foam or carpet to protect it from banging around during travel .
I had been playing with the idea of making a box that fit it perfect that had some sort of hinge/clasp set up at one end to make it easily accessible.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
skillman said:

image-2009998296.jpg

Here's the box it come in. My first though was hinge the left side so that it hangs from the rafters then install rare earth magnets at each rafter on the other side if the box rail so when I load the track into the box and hinge it shut the magnets will hold the box shut and solid. I will also add a strip of steal along the front edge to cut down on the rails flex when I open it.

Yeah I know I'm over thinking it but I think it could work really well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts