Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend the "best" or the "standard" text on metal framing? I did an Amazon search, and came up with what looked like a bunch of crap. I figure, like most sub-trades, there must be one or two standard texts on the matter. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
mdshunk said:
Can anyone recommend the "best" or the "standard" text on metal framing? I did an Amazon search, and came up with what looked like a bunch of crap. I figure, like most sub-trades, there must be one or two standard texts on the matter. Thanks...
Are you talking about Residential or Commercial or both. The ones from Amazon seem to be the most popular but I found this one.

Hope it helps.

http://www.contractor-books.com/CR/RSteel_Framing_Preview.htm#Preview

Joe Carola

·
Registered
1 Posts
mdshunk said:

The book I got in school for my metal studs class was "GYPSUM metal studs and drywall handbook"

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
This is right up my alley as just a few years back i built my own place out of light gauge metal. Follow these links www.aisc.org, www.lgsea.com, www.nahb.com, www.steelframingalliance.com, If you find no luck with these guys and you will, I could give you my old book from the manuf. with all connections incuding hip, gable joints etc. Met.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts