Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Metal framing book?

5507 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  metalroofer
Can anyone recommend the "best" or the "standard" text on metal framing? I did an Amazon search, and came up with what looked like a bunch of crap. I figure, like most sub-trades, there must be one or two standard texts on the matter. Thanks...
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Are you talking about Residential or Commercial or both. The ones from Amazon seem to be the most popular but I found this one.

Hope it helps.

http://www.contractor-books.com/CR/RSteel_Framing_Preview.htm#Preview

Joe Carola
mdshunk said:
Can anyone recommend the "best" or the "standard" text on metal framing? I did an Amazon search, and came up with what looked like a bunch of crap. I figure, like most sub-trades, there must be one or two standard texts on the matter. Thanks...
The book I got in school for my metal studs class was "GYPSUM metal studs and drywall handbook"
mdshunk said:
This is right up my alley as just a few years back i built my own place out of light gauge metal. Follow these links www.aisc.org, www.lgsea.com, www.nahb.com, www.steelframingalliance.com, If you find no luck with these guys and you will, I could give you my old book from the manuf. with all connections incuding hip, gable joints etc. Met.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.