Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the big difference between the Metabo HPT NR90ADS1 and NR83AA5 is? They seem very similar with the only differences I can see are the NR90ADS1 is lighter and can take nails up to 3 1/2” but the NR83AA5 is almost double the price.

·
Pro
4,481 Posts
The 83 series has a different head design which can handle airborn debris better. It's based off the older version that's been a mainstay in the framing industry for years.

The 90 is a newer head design, but not necessarily more durable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i have a 90 model .mine struggles on the 3 1/2" nails .got it cheaper ,refurbished ,alot cheaper .cheaper gun , if your going to use it professionally not sure it is the one .i got alot of complaints from the guy who used it . still works ,i think the magizine was what was causing trouble last time i used it . Air Tool Kit Sets | Air Tools - Nailers | New and Reconditioned Tools .that said i have made some super purchases from this websight .

·
General Contractor
8,015 Posts
Does anyone know what the big difference between the Metabo HPT NR90ADS1 and NR83AA5 is? They seem very similar with the only differences I can see are the NR90ADS1 is lighter and can take nails up to 3 1/2” but the NR83AA5 is almost double the price.
P.S My mistake it was AA3 that was discontinued.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If the Hitachi is double the price you can bet that the internal parts are better. Aluminum piston instead of plastic etc. Hitachis are completely rebuildable. I'm not sure if the metabo is. The Metabo does hit a bit harder than my Hitachi NR83. The Hitachi struggles sinking toe nails

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,965 Posts
The Metabo and Hitachi are the same guns. They just have a new name. Did he really just say plastic piston????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts