Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Meeting fellow members

25K views 224 replies 70 participants last post by  rblakes1 
#1 ·
I met a fellow CT member the other day. I've heard others have also met members- but it's pretty cool- recognized my truck.

#172 ·
I have met:

Ron - rselectric - My current sparky
Angus - angus242 - Not an active member - One hell of a tile setter and knowledge base
Gary - olzo55 - one hell of a tile setter and local
Travis - extrememtnbiker - great guy, craftsman...met most of his family when in VA last year.

Met a few others a few years ago but can't remember who they were.

I have also spoken to countless over the phone over the years.

#182 ·
Mike and I had our dinner date tonight. Ate like Kings.

App. Artichoke Hearts
Crusted with aged parmigiano-reggiano and panko crumbs/ roasted garlic meyer lemon aioli.

Salad Summit House Salad
“Living” Boston lettuce hydroponically grown by Hollandia Farms tossed with pancetta, grated gruyere cheese, sour dough croutons/toasted pecans/black mustard seed vinaigrette.

Main dish Prime Rib Eye Steak
22 oz. USDA Prime bone-in rib eye aged a minimum of 28 days, oak wood grilled/Gruyere au gratin potatoes.

Dessert. New York Cheesecake
With Strawberries and Strawberry Sauce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#191 · (Edited)
Kiss of forum death :whistling, Talked with BamBamm he re-roof my Mom's house and met Oconocowoc after hiring to do some plumbing. Both up in Wisconsin.

BamBamm was exactly what I expected. Mike ... very sharp plumbing contractor and even better business man. Tho by looking at him, you'd think he was a Texas Bubba transplanted up nort.

#193 ·
I was in the same boat, I applied for clearance but with a new baby my request for leave was quickly shot down.

I'm going to ISC West April 10-13 in Vegas, if anyone else is around I'll buy em a beer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#211 ·
One thing's for sure - if your full of chit on the interwebs youll be found out. Besides the 5 or so members I knew of i have had a local builder and plumber who asked me if I was Jaws - both saw houses we built on the Pics thread. One was 4 years or so ago and the other was last year.

Somebody you know will be on there. Doesn't matter what the Forum is. A couple years ago a closed hunting group I belong to exposed a guy who showing off a deer that he did not kill, one of the guides from the ranch that was shot on jumped on there and said that he had his picture taken with it but another Hunter killed it. Dude got hazed so bad he quit. LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#223 ·
So, the plan is to take some longer bike trips this summer. Looking at California and Nevada. I am in the habit of going places for a purpose, so if someone is along the way, I have a reason to stop and say hi (or whatever).

Hopefully in the next year or so, my wife and I plan on getting a trike and traveling longer distances. I will keep everyone informed.

#224 ·
rblakes stopped by the shop today.

Little did he know.......

He and Zach worked together. I did this for a selfish reason, as Zach went over our processes with Rich, Zach learns more. I learned that Zach did not know what something he uses every day was really for. I learned them both what its true purpose is.

The morning for them involved, sanding, running lock miters, sheet goods break down/sizing, assembly, shop music discussion.

Stopped for lunch on the way to the Parade home, discovered I am still not a stop for lunch type of guy.

I noticed when I was at the Parade home on Sunday the seam had opened evenly the entire 9' of the ping pong table. Solution was to separate the leafs, cut 14mm Domino mortices, insert Domino connectors and rejoin the top (how I wanted to originally join the seam, did not have the connectors at the time). Best part of the process, all I had to do is vacuum up what little dust there was.

Hopefully Rich got something out of the day.

Tom

#225 ·
Well, I definitely got a full belly from lunch lol

I really enjoyed stopping by the shop to see and partake in how you operate. The lock miters are a cool idea, something I might keep in mind to play around with in the future.

Thank you both for taking the time to show me around.

-Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.