Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
To clarify- I got nothing when I hit 1000. I got the keys to some secret room that is a blank page but mostly on my ipad which doesn't work over there.

And I did meet a guy last year off the sister site RoofingTalk, kinda cute story actually. He markets himself as a roofer, I got a call for a roof estimate while he was there giving her a estimate to power wash her deck. He recognized me, knew why I was there and he wasn't, left flustered.

Left his clipboard on the owners trash can.

Ex employee too. Hope he f n learns something. Made him tear two bundles off a roof immediately after f ing them up 20 minutes into his roofing career (his resume' mentioned 8 years). Told him the rake gig his hand better than any mechanical object.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,485 Posts
I almost ended up on Gabriola Island, (which is right off the coast from Nanaimo, if I'm not mistaken?) a few years ago for Timber-Framing school.

Ended up not making it. Sure looked pretty, though.

Gabriola Island looked like a cool place. You ever go out there?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
ten minute ferry ride. Beautiful place.
Aslo have (had) a great boat carpentry program.
My friend is helping build a Cob house over there.
I have worked over there, but getting back and forth with a truck during tourist season is not a real hoot.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Precision Floors..........Sir Mixalot.......Are nearby me. I've spoke with them on the phone. A lot of CT boys scattered about here in Florida.

Hope to hook up with Dirtywhiteboy :party::drink::drink: As long as my Knee is well enough by the second week in May.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
genecarp..one of the good ol guys:thumbsup:
Brought my daughter down to nyc to audition and he set me and my daughter up at his weekend pad in Harlem. He has great taste in decorating. Also took us out to dinner. Nice guy. Last I knew, he was just busy and fell out of the forum scene. Just didn't have any time for it

·
GC/carpenter
43,893 Posts
Big Shoe said:
Precision Floors..........Sir Mixalot.......Are nearby me. I've spoke with them on the phone. A lot of CT boys scattered about here in Florida. Hope to hook up with Dirtywhiteboy :party::drink::drink: As long as my Knee is well enough by the second week in May.
I can bet DWB knows how to have a good time!

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Maybe there should be a CT get together/convention. Just sayin...
Im down.

I got mine and my t-shirt when I hit 1000 posts.
Everybody must get something different.:shifty: Im getting pink font.

Sounds like the meet up needs to be turned into a group hug.
or a group playful nipple twist

Griz said:
I have met TxElectrician, he is everything a contractor is supposed to be. I have also met the NightScenes guy, he is a pro at what he does.

Im always up for a beer if it is close by.

If I would quit messing around and book a hunt, I might meet another member. Lol

I am definitely the dude who would tell you to get screwed to your face if I would say it on here. I dont mince words or worry much about PC. It is what it is.
thats easy to say when you can kick everybody's ass on this forum.

Supposed to be meeting up with Joasis before too long. Looking to work a job together. Talked to him on the phone a few days back. Seems like a nice fella.
doesnt he? I thought the same thing.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,448 Posts
Precision Floors..........Sir Mixalot.......Are nearby me. I've spoke with them on the phone. A lot of CT boys scattered about here in Florida.

Hope to hook up with Dirtywhiteboy :party::drink::drink: As long as my Knee is well enough by the second week in May.
No worries, my left knee been hurting too. Not too bad tho. The two of us can just limp into the IrishRose like all the other old guys in there:thumbsup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I don't think there is anybody on here that is close to me, north east Ohio must not be the paradise I thought it was......

·
Registered
568 Posts
Warren said:
I am not too far from you. About an hour and a half. You are pretty much in the middle of nowhere.
Pretty much, an hour and twenty minutes from Pittsburgh and an hour and forty from Cleveland. Youngstown is only about a half hour but Youngstown isn't exactly a thriving metropolis.

41 - 60 of 225 Posts