Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time in all these years one finally got me. "Tucker" was always nice during the job, thought we were friends. Just walked by him one day bringing in glue for a bath surround and chomp, didnt no it right away but drew blood. The HO when she got home was very apologetic and when I wanted a picture of the dog that finally got me she thought for sure I was suing her. Nothing could be farther from the truth, I figure it's a good lesson for me, might even include a provision in my contract to keep pets "detained" when work is commenced.

www.phbconstruction.com

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree its always the little ones you have to watch.
I have a boxer and a jack russell. That little thing will be all over the boxer like flies on poop if she's in a bad mood. Kind of funny actually.

Tim

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Dogs are always the best judge of character.:whistling

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dogs can 'read' people. What's he know that we don't? Inquiring minds want to know...:whistling
Yeah ya busted me, I was the brains behind Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme, I'm really a multimillionaire that's posing as a poor contractor in MI. trying to scrape by to avoid the IRS.

That is until that damn dog bit me. :furious:

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Yeah ya busted me, I was the brains behind Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme, I'm really a multimillionaire that's posing as a poor contractor in MI. trying to scrape by to avoid the IRS.

That is until that damn dog bit me. :furious:

ya got screwed if you're only a mulit-millionaire then :laughing:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I had worked for a week or two at this one place and finally I guess the dog had had enough of me. Waited until I was carrying a full sheet of drywall in through the low door, all bent over and twisted up like a c-clamp, and he sneaks up behind me and gets me in the calf. Dropped that sheet like it was radioactive, whipped out the framing hammer and gave him a very sharp whap on the top of the head with the side of it. Damaged the sheet but the dog stayed well clear of me after that.

Many years later we became fast friends that dog and me. Max was his name. RIP

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you going to call him "Tucker" tomorrow or change the first letter?
That's a good one. :laughing::laughing:

Job is over tomorrow, just clean up outside I doubt if the white Guinea pig will be out there.

But seriously does any one else have a clause in there contract for loose pets? I'm thinking of adding one not that it will make a difference but if there's a serious problem with a pet I'm covered.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts