Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
I think it was Facebook said they were going to scrub fake info about the fires, etc, so look for it to disappear.

First thing to go I'd guess is links to antifa.
Whatever Newsom told them to scrub...will be scrubbed.

Reactions: hdavis and griz

·
GC/carpenter
40,512 Posts
sort of...

these wild land fires burn for so long and with such intensity that it daing near sterilizes the ground & forests.

control burns, if managed managed correctly, help all the vegetation come back stronger.

timber after a controlled burn can be harvested fairly easily with little to no damage to the trees.

uncontrolled, the timber becomes nothing but pre-tested firewood that no body wants.

the forest service has such strict restrictions on logging that they have a hard time even getting anyone to bid on their timber sales.

Nature has its way of doing things indiscriminately.

Climate change is responsible for a lot of the fires but not what some would believe. California has redirected funds away from the existing repairs and grid to fund their pet climate change policies and existing old power structures are failing.

Mike.

·
Designer/Contractor
3,473 Posts
Historically the United States has had much worse fire seasons (the chart only goes to 2017 but that year is similar to intensity as this year), also historically California has had much much more severe droughts than any endured in recent history............

Attachments

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
We are socked as well. Getting old. Supposed to clear this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Little rain in the forecsst thursdsy/friday...

101 - 120 of 138 Posts