Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8' unit in a 9' body. I'm going to put a 1' deep fuel tank in front of it. Roughly 50gal.

Anyway, the drawers look like a big orange store advertisement - sorry. I asked the guys to try it out and put some tools in there. I got back and my lead said, "You're probably not gonna like it."

"I hate it but this thing is ****ing cool."

It's built like a tank. I think it's primarily designed for a long bed pickup. But it works. The master lock is crap but I had to throw one on there to make sure of the clearances before I drilled bolt holes.Unfortunately I had to cut the brake bent "ears" off the gate so it would fit. I pried the placard off in disgust because it was right in my cutting path and broke out the 9" grinder with a cutting wheel. One of my guys picked the placard up off the floor and put it back on later. Thanks buddy. You're welcome McWelco.

Next on the never ending list of mods is some sort of tailgate up top, now that the floor is raised up so high.

It wasn't cheap, if you really want to know you can pm me. Having said that, I would buy one for my next truck. Besides the apparently easily picked master lock, this thing is a fortress. And it's nice to have a place for heavy, long bars. The drawer pulls out 5'7".
Automotive tire White Light Rectangle Automotive exterior
Rectangle Asphalt Wood Road surface Automotive exterior

Publication Automotive design Retail Font Motor vehicle

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be listed on their site, figure freight as well.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I want another service truck in the future, I would put one of these in there in an instant.

I've been super happy with the decked unit in the normal bed truck though.

Looks like the price is over double....but it is full length.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want another service truck in the future, I would put one of these in there in an instant.

I've been super happy with the decked unit in the normal bed truck though.

Looks like the price is over double....but it is full length.
It's a good unit. Mine's not full length and I've never seen an 8' utility body. Mine's 9' so there's a gap. I'm going to have a rugged 3/16 aluminum fuel cell mounted there to nicely use the 1' gap at the front.

The drawers are monsters. It's not a snapon box so don't expect to slide it open without effort but the drawers are built like a brick outhouse.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting better, still needs work.
Motor vehicle Font Gas Art Engineering

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
What's the weight limit on those drawers, and how far out do the pull?

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the weight limit on those drawers, and how far out do the pull?
Website says 500lb distributed per drawer, pulls out to about 5'8".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts