Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In any case, I've obviously overstayed my welcome here. To those of you who I've offended, I apologize.:thumbsup: Peace.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
That's too bad, sometimes it's best
to just let them go.
Too bad if you let guys with an attitude
chase you off.

Especially after making me
read that whole thread! :laughing:

Reactions: 21gun

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I think you answered his question properly. You answered his question. You told him what you think is a good way to deal with it and why some options were not the way to go. He didn't like your answers so he attacked you . Oh Well.......,

I agree with your point completely. Helping a friend do a job cheaply is not helping your friend and will probably cost the friendship. Sometimes you need to say the budget is unrealistic. Sometimes you need to say that the available options in that price range have potential negative consequences that will result in greater problems and costs than he is facing now.

Why is it that many contractors want to help their "friends" cut corners to save money? Does your doctor friend give you free physicals and perscriptions? Does you techy friend come set up your pc system and install your software for free? Does your mechanic tell you how to fix your truck yourself? For some reason, many contractors fail to see that they sell their knowledge and when they use that knowledge to help a "friend" cut corners to save money they are selling both themselves and their friend short.

Reactions: Handymanservice

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
In any case, I've obviously overstayed my welcome here. To those of you who I've offended, I apologize.:thumbsup: Peace.
Not IMO but do what you want.;)

Didn't see you gettin' "pissy" until stupidity started spewing out of others "mouths".

I usually see you as helpful first.

But what do I know I'm probably "white trash" like you!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :laughing:

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts
It's not you.
x2, he's an a$$. My assumption is he's just used to being surrounded by "Yes-men" and when someone gives him an honest assessment based on his posts he has to attack to keep his ego intact. :rolleyes:

You're one of the good guys Lone, just ignore the jerk and move on.:thumbsup:

How's your house going?

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
x2, he's an a$$. My assumption is he's just used to being surrounded by "Yes-men" and when someone gives him an honest assessment based on his posts he has to attack to keep his ego intact. :rolleyes:

You're one of the good guys Lone, just ignore the jerk and move on.:thumbsup:

How's your house going?
x3 what an a$$

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
You're taking it way too personal.

I figured he hit a nerve as soon as he said "Jersey Shore", no??

If the guy wants to try and help his friend, why is it any skin off anyone else's back??

Who cares what he does or does not charge??

If I charge twice what you do (and I probably do), - - does that give me the right to call you scum??

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Why is it that many contractors want to help their "friends" cut corners to save money? Does your doctor friend give you free physicals and perscriptions? Does you techy friend come set up your pc system and install your software for free? Does your mechanic tell you how to fix your truck yourself? For some reason, many contractors fail to see that they sell their knowledge and when they use that knowledge to help a "friend" cut corners to save money they are selling both themselves and their friend short.

It's a great point on it's face, - - but only before you ask how much that friend or aquaintance helps one in return.

It's just reverting back to the old days, - - it's called 'bartering', - - and be prepared to see it more and more under this new and revised "hope and change" folly . . .

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
2900 posts in 6 mos....maybe you're holding on a little too tight.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts