Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On sale, had to buy it from the yard.
But....should I return it and upgrade to a better max? Impulse buy. (my first max)

(edit, it's a sn883rh2, i got it for a song, or there are better models, not sure.)

awwwwe, look at the cute lil palmy......35 buck, had to.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
Not sure if that is the same one as mine, but I bought two last year for $179 each. So far both have been in for service, and one is ready to go back again. They feel great and shoot nice, but seem like frequent service will be a reality. A former employee of mine had one and I liked it so I took a chance.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if that is the same one as mine, but I bought two last year for $179 each. So far both have been in for service, and one is ready to go back again. They feel great and shoot nice, but seem like frequent service will be a reality. A former employee of mine had one and I liked it so I took a chance.
$190 here.
Some frame only carpenters I know switched from hit to max guns and love them. Thought Id give it a go. (since i set my ladder leg on my gun trigger and it's in the shop):no:

·
Super Moderator
44,722 Posts
I have two of the old ones that were made in Japan, they are awesome guns. Both are about 12 years old, they rebuild easy. I actually bought 4 rebuild kits so I never have to buy a new gun again as long as I'm in the business, I hope! I don't think I would buy the new ones like the one pictured. Especially after what Warren just posted.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Framed a pole building with an old max...Remember it being very quiet compared to the hitachi.
Maybe I should take it back.
Hijacking my own thread. I need a great framing gun. All my guns are outdated and b.t.s.
What do I buy? coil....stick, give a s.... Just want something I can drag through the mud all day.
Input welcome.

·
Super Moderator
44,722 Posts
totes said:
Framed a pole building with an old max...Remember it being very quiet compared to the hitachi. Maybe I should take it back. Hijacking my own thread. I need a great framing gun. All my guns are outdated and b.t.s. What do I buy? coil....stick, give a s.... Just want something I can drag through the mud all day. Input welcome.
I'll buy it from you

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
Framed a pole building with an old max...Remember it being very quiet compared to the hitachi.
Maybe I should take it back.
Hijacking my own thread. I need a great framing gun. All my guns are outdated and b.t.s.
What do I buy? coil....stick, give a s.... Just want something I can drag through the mud all day.
Input welcome.
I have gone almose exclusively with Paslode for many years. Where I used to work, they used them also. My crew are notoriously hard on guns, Not oiled very often, set down in mud/sand, typical employees. Most new Paslodes will go about two years before their first service under our work conditions. I have several that have probably been with me for 15 years. I have heard many guys here loving their Hitachis also. I have never used one, and have been pretty happy with my brand.

While the Max guns have required some servicing, it has been minor stuff so far and covered under warranty. I do like the feel of the guns and they are very similar to Paslode in construction. They have a quick depth adjust on the nose (no more allen key!) and a great hook. I recently also bought the Max 15ga finish nailer for $99. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I want to try their coil framers. Locally not available though. Run a pile of hitachi nv83a2's. Guns get cycled once a year for full service and new orings. Costs me about 75$ a gun and never seem to have much problems with them. Winter time they act up more then not but I do believe all guns do.

·
Super Moderator
44,722 Posts
totes said:
Don't get me wrong Totes, I had Max send one of those guns to my job to give it a whirl, I actually liked it. I think you got a great deal. I am in no position to give you a long term review on them. Please keep us informed on their performance. The only reason I have reservations about them is they're not made in Japan anymore. I think they are made in Taiwan or some chit like that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Best gun I ever had was the old school doufast clipped head. You could throw it off the roof onto the driveway. Not a piece of plastic on it.

I have a porter cable mag 350 which I cant kill...it's my concrete form gun, loan to a friend gun, leave in the bed of the truck for a week in the rain gun.

Nothing beats that dou....RIP

Keep you posted on the Max.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been using it all day. I'm finding it to be a great gun,it's really quiet and the operation is smooth. I really appreciate nailers that you can load and then pull the

Sent from my iPhoneengagement mechanism over the nails instead of vice versa. It came with a safety trigger but that was really easy to change so it can bonfire. It was money well spent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts