Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any idea of how bad material prices are going to rise due to hurricane Katrina. I feel bad for the people affected and feel bad for asking but it is certainly going to affect our industry. We are in North Carolina and 7/16 O.S.B. has gone up $6.00 in 4 days and the lumber yards are putting a limit on how much one builder can buy in a day.
Coots

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
My buddy and I were just talking about this. He said he knew a guy who couldnt get enough to sheet the entire house right away. Its all hearsay but I imagine its going to have quite the impact on demand and supply, which in turn means more money out of your pocket. Or the customers I should say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know of a good site to see the trends in material costs? So I can have something to base my problem on with my client.

·
Registered
114 Posts
don't know of any good sites right off. but 7/16 o.s.b. went up $10.00 a sheet since yesterday here. right now i'm doing a reroof/addition and my client about passed out when i told him. seeing as how it was about $12.00 a sheet here, his costs have almost doubled. just on that. two-bys have gone up too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts