Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remodel I'm doing has Black shingles that were installed 8 years ago that say Myerstowm on the back, Which should be a ELK, Do the Gaf Timberlines match up to this or did they change colors after they bought ELK?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Hickory Timberlines match great with the Elk's:thumbsup:. Not sure about the black color.
Color that I need to match is Elk Sablewood Customer went to Menards and said that Owens Corning Oakridge Black was a good match, but we all know how that goes....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes GAF should work well but there are two versions of the Timberline. "HD" High Definition or "NS" Natural Shadow.

More variation in color on HD than NS

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ownes Corning may match in color, but I think the profiles will be different and the thicknesses will be different.

I would think the roof has faded enough that nothing will match. At least not real close.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Once you resign yourself to the understanding that even if you spend a ton of time picking a shingle that matches close, it is still going to stick out like a sore thumb once installed, the selection becomes much easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is years after the original post, but we have 2+ packages of new Elf Prestique shingles in Sablewood color that have been in storage that are available for sale if anyone is in need of this color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts