Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remodel I'm doing has Black shingles that were installed 8 years ago that say Myerstowm on the back, Which should be a ELK, Do the Gaf Timberlines match up to this or did they change colors after they bought ELK?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Hickory Timberlines match great with the Elk's:thumbsup:. Not sure about the black color.
Color that I need to match is Elk Sablewood Customer went to Menards and said that Owens Corning Oakridge Black was a good match, but we all know how that goes....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes GAF should work well but there are two versions of the Timberline. "HD" High Definition or "NS" Natural Shadow.

More variation in color on HD than NS

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Ownes Corning may match in color, but I think the profiles will be different and the thicknesses will be different.

I would think the roof has faded enough that nothing will match. At least not real close.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Once you resign yourself to the understanding that even if you spend a ton of time picking a shingle that matches close, it is still going to stick out like a sore thumb once installed, the selection becomes much easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is years after the original post, but we have 2+ packages of new Elf Prestique shingles in Sablewood color that have been in storage that are available for sale if anyone is in need of this color.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is years after the original post, but we have 2+ packages of new Elf Prestique shingles in Sablewood color that have been in storage that are available for sale if anyone is in need of this color.
Do you still have the 2 packages of Elk Prestique Sablewood color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you still have the 2 packages of Elk Prestique Sablewood color.
I'm not sure of the guidelines for this forum. If I'm allowed to post an email, you can reach out to me via email. I'm spelling it out for a lesser chance of it being copied, but you can contact me at smom7331 at hotmail.com, using @ instead of spelling it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts