Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are absolutely hilarious. I'll take the (humor) in stride. I'm new to the Contractor Talk game and that's to be expected.
In response to the first question; I do quality work. In response to the Craigslist gig; no thanks.
Let me ask again then. Would you guys be willing to help me out with some info on a logo?
I'll make it happen one way or the other but it would be easier and much appreciated to get some guidance/help from the Contractor Talk veterans.
Thanks,
Shawn Dewbre' MasterCraftsmen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your logo is a HUGE part of your company's image and it's best not to cheap out on it.

If you can spare $150+ check out 99designs.com. It is basically a big contest where a bunch of designers come up with ideas for your logo/website/t-shirts/etc. You decide which idea you like best and pay the winner.

A lot of the designers on there are really top notch.

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
OK, to be more serious, don't worry about the logo if money is tight. A logo will provide a visual identity for the life of your business and is not something you should do quickly without good planning. Anyone providing good logo design has to put some serious thought and effort into it. The $300 logos are a ripoff IMO. If you use the the logo for 10+ years without a need for redesign, it's one of the cheapest parts of your business. If you rush through it, it's a bad deal.

Here's why I advocate waiting if money is tight. The logo is your identity symbol. Done right, it's a great value even if you go all out and spend $5k to $10k (designers like me do it under $1k but I'm making a point). Other things are more important though. No one buys from you because of a great logo. That's not the role it plays. A well done mailing with no logo will put more money in your pocket than a lame mailing with an awesome logo.

I honestly believe you are better off focusing on great marketing and do the logo when you have funds to do it right.

BTW, I design logos, so I'm telling you something not all my design peers will admit to. A logo is important, but your situation suggests that it's not important yet. Don't waste your money on cheap logos. It's the same thing as a cheap remodeling job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can do one for you. Give me the information you want in the logo, abbr., company name, etc. I'll design one, and show you a sample proof. Send me a private message, let's talk, cheap.

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
Here's why I advocate waiting if money is tight. The logo is your identity symbol. Done right, it's a great value even if you go all out and spend $5k to $10k (designers like me do it under $1k but I'm making a point).
BTW, I design logos, so I'm telling you something not all my design peers will admit to. A logo is important, but your situation suggests that it's not important yet. Don't waste your money on cheap logos. It's the same thing as a cheap remodeling job.

Boy-Oh-Boy! You are a SMOOTH plugger!

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
Boy-Oh-Boy! You are a SMOOTH plugger!
LOL. Not sure if that's sincere or sarcasm, but it's easy to be "smooth" when cheap competitors make my job easier. Many of my clients are gained as a result of getting burned by the hacks. Logo design is a very small part of what I do, so I don't have to sell logos with a bias towards them or pretend they are more important than they really are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts