Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
It was Jomama that had used a Gilson.

Never even heard of Essicks
I've used them in the past, although I've never owned one. 15-20 years ago, Gilson's set the bar for quality and build as far as I know. WAY heavier built and thought out than the "throw-away" Stones we used. But, twice the money also. They moved the manufacturing down South about 15 years ago, and have been gobbled up by a much bigger company now, so I'd be doubtful that their quality is as good as it used to be.

I almost bought a Gilson when they were moving out of the area at a "clearance" price directly from the factory, but it was still too expensive IMO. My FIL had worked for the company for 35 years until they up and left, so I certainly won't support them by purchasing their product now either.............

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gilsons were primarily based in the Midwest Chicago area and branched out from there. At Marshalltown we are obviously a full line company and are world wide. As far as getting to see a product first hand we could set something up for the future. I do travel around the U.S. and have the opportunity to pull a mortar mixer with but to MA that is quite a ways. Usually would fly and have rental car to get me around while I am in the area. Not totally out of the question but would have to be planned.

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If anyone is interested to talk in person or literature I will be in the St. Louis, MO area Tues, Wed, and Thurs next week for some meetings with customers. Would gladly meet up and see what you are currently using for mortar mixers and get your professional opinions about pros and cons of that particular model.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts