Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i started to do marmoleum job a couple week ago and the guy from forbo who showed me how to install it had a red knife to do first cut on seam and i remember he told me he both it on the internet somewhere

i was wondering where on the internet they sell marmoleum tool . i know the shop "prosol and forbo" carry marmoleum tool but they don't have what i am looking for anyone know any other place for that kind of tool

·
Registered
818 Posts
So what is this?

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
It's a hand groover for heat welding seams.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Crain #965 skiving knife

http://www.craintools.com/fs-vinylweldingtools.html

Google search for MOZART Crain #965 to find online sources

I don't like the way it leave the seams slightly concave on lino seeing as how the weld must be trimmed warm. So I prefer the standard skiving knife on lino for both the first and second pass. Not sure why you'd want to pay for the BLADES to used this knife for the first pass.

Certain types of materials though the Mozart is THE BOMB. It's an absolute essential tool for commercial resilient guys who weld------you just need to know when and where it's the right tool for that particular type of weld/material.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's a hand groover for heat welding seams.
groovers are used to prepare the seam for a weld by routing out -------grooving------typically 2/3 of the material on either side of the seam

there are hand groovers, rolling groovers and power groovers.......

the Mozart knife TRIMS the weld rod afterward theoretically FLUSH with the material being seamed up

I know you're aware of this so I'm just correcting you for the sake of others who might not be aware of this type of tool or anything for that matter about heat welding resilient seams

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
groovers are used to prepare the seam for a weld by routing out -------grooving------typically 2/3 of the material on either side of the seam

there are hand groovers, rolling groovers and power groovers.......

the Mozart knife TRIMS the weld rod afterward theoretically FLUSH with the material being seamed up

I know you're aware of this so I'm just correcting you for the sake of others who might not be aware of this type of tool or anything for that matter about heat welding resilient seams
Thanks for the correction. Honestly I just clicked on the link and glanced at it and didn't really pay attention before I posted a response lol. Nobody using a skiving knife anymore?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks for the correction. Honestly I just clicked on the link and glanced at it and didn't really pay attention before I posted a response lol. Nobody using a skiving knife anymore?
Most guys I work with love the Mozart and use it--------where I wont.

I don't use it on homogeneous PVC like Medintech or Mipolam, nor will I use it on linoleum. The blades are TOO expensive and I like my results with the skiving knife better besides.

Certain goods though really require the Mozart, for any kind of production without risk of thrashing the surface layer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts