Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a Siding and Window Business in North Dakota. I am interested in finding out ways people are getting leads in other states, other than gay and lesbian advertising as there really isn't any such advertising locally. I have a fairly new business. We started in June 04. I have had allot of difficulty with consistent work. We sell Simonton window and Norandex Siding. Which I feel is an excellent product ( simonton's new polar wall windows use Krypton gas instead of Agon). :Thumbs: Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Look in the business threads and you will find enough info to keep you busy for a while.
Krypton, Argon? Are we having inert gas wars in the window industry? Helium filled windows would be easier to lift. Neon could be excited for some cool special effects, Xenon, also excited, could really brighten up a room and Radon just sounds cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the input on how to use this site :eek: . My statement about Argon, Krypton was to find out if anyone who has allot of knowledge about this could tell me if these inert gasses stay sealed in and actually insulate as there suppose to. I get information from my suppliers but I feel there is a conflict of interest when hearing there opinions.( they will say what they have to to sell)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
chak, I never heard that Krypton was in the game. I was only poking fun at manufacturers and I have been one. An inert or noble gas is just that, it does not react with much of anything. Who really cares which one it is? Nitrogen is not inert but close enough, why not use it? Too cheap? Doesn't sound fancy enough?
Sales people will do what is needed to close a deal. I have done sales but was never a 'salesman'.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Krypton is 12x heavier than air (I think) and Argon is 8x heavier than air. However Krypton is MUCH more expensive than argon. They both insulate very well.

Yes Krypton is better than Argon but there isn't much benefit to the added cost IMO.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Mike, I was saddened to read that you're not able, for health reasons, to visit Grumpy's home planet. Perhaps modern medicine will someday resolve the situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts