Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
The cheapest has to be word of mouth, and it could be the most important.We use radio and newspaper, but word of mouth has brought me quite a bit of business.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Florcraft said:
The cheapest has to be word of mouth, and it could be the most important.We use radio and newspaper, but word of mouth has brought me quite a bit of business.
What is your budget? Do you run adds year round or are there specific times of year when you saturate the market with adds?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Radio is year round, and Florence Henderson is our spokeswoman, so I have no clue what the budget is. Probably pretty high. We also have paper inserts every couple months for sales.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Florcraft said:
Radio is year round, and Florence Henderson is our spokeswoman, so I have no clue what the budget is. Probably pretty high. We also have paper inserts every couple months for sales.
I've no idea who florence henderson is... Paper inserts in what? newspapers? What kind of return do you get on those inserts?

I've been thinking of mass mailing coupons 2-3 times a year. Any ideas?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Have you ever seen the Brady Bunch?...Florence is the mother.
We get awesome returns from the inserts in the newspaper. I have seen effective coupons, and it could be a great idea. Or you could get on the back of a few menues at your local restaurants :)
I still think the radio and word of mouth have been the most effective. We have also been on t.v. during some great times, like the American Idol slots.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Our company is locally owned, so we do local newspaper inserts and radio and t.v.
But we are a part of Carpet one (c.c.a. global) which is the largest flooring buying group in North America. So, since they have over 1500 connected stores nationwide, they are pretty large,
We pay dues of course to be a part of carpet one, but they only take 1 store per city, So you can blow away the competition with the best prices on products, plus the advertising is second to none. Buying power is everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would agree that word of mouth is the lease expensive and best form of advertising. Controlling the client experience and over delivering are keys to growing your word of mouth advertising. Being deliberate is critical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts