Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Phillip Ley
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Phillip Ley. I am the Marketing Director for Mile High Marketing's in Golden, CO. We produce pre-qualified leads for contractors across the country.

Now i found this place due to the fact of being very annoyed with storm chasers. Now even i agree that storm chasers are quiet annoying. Personally when a storm hits i call every local company in the area and offer them first crack at receiving leads from our company, but 98% of them think leads are a crock or have had a bad taste placed in their mouth from out of country fly by night telemarketing companies.

We deal with the same thing out of the call center. We try to produce good leads for local companies, but we also have to educate the customers about these "STORM CHASERS" and the "FREE ROOF" junk the put out there. Is there no way for the insurance companies to actually stop this?

Please provide feed back for me about these issue's and to answer the question of the OKC Company who sold out to a out of towner to get the name i know who they are talking about.

I have tried to build a business around providing great leads to great companies but for some reason lately the storm chasers are the only ones who want leads. The other thing i see too is the amount of money the storm chasers are making off these leads. I personally would rather help a small business owner make that kind of money and not some over grown company who won't be around the day after the next "BIG STORM" hits some where else.

See i don't do the actual work myself of getting the roof put on but i provide all of the tools to get contractor's to the roof that needs to be replaced. I am honestly not here to advertise myself but here to get feed back from the contracting community across the country. Like i asked before please provide FEED BACK on this post. It would help me to help others like all of you a lot more then I already do.

Phillip D. Ley Jr.

Marketing Director

·
Phillip Ley
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am honestly not here to sell myself unless someone really wants my service, but with marketing places out there like a certain one who is my neighbor i can't slander the name out there selling the same lead 5 times over no wonder the are so cheap you have to fight to get the contract signed. i provide exclusive leads and will only work for 1 company in a area at a time. this triple or higher resell of a lead not only makes the customer wonder whats really going on but at the same time makes the lead closing rate go down dramatically. i honestly expect on a new storm a company to close 25%+ off the leads i produce if they receive less then that then i believe that i am not doing my job right and something needs to change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MileHighMarket,

No cheap shots on your print size or writing style.

You have hit upon the dilemma with providing leads to contractors. We have all been burned and burned badly... So, only the rookies are still "live bait" so to speak.

I have always thought that a system that could work is one that is "branded" and would work on the principle that when a job is sold that person generating the lead would share in the profits. I would gladly give 2% of the job to someone who generates that lead for me. I just don't want to pay from $25 to $125 per lead when all the client is doing on the internet is trying to figure out what something is going to cost.

The trust factor would need to be high between the person generating leads and the contractor. Right now I routinely pay my "centers of influence" a 1% to 2% referral fee. I have given one individual a check for $2500 however, he has given me probably 8 -10 leads prior to something to develop.

I have given consideration to hiring a telemarketer, internet marketer, door knocker, whatever to generate leads that would work on incentive that is tied to performance.

Good luck in your venture. Just some food for thought.

Marty V.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts