Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently work as a home renovations contractors, but have an offer to work in marine construction. Does anyone here work in bulkheading? Do you like the job? Is the pay any decent? Is there any future in this business?

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
I currently work as a home renovations contractors, but have an offer to work in marine construction. Does anyone here work in bulkheading? Do you like the job? Is the pay any decent? Is there any future in this business?

The Marine Industry will ALWAYS grow and Prosper!

1: People LOVE the Water and desire to live near it.

2: Water is VERY Powerful and has a habit of destroying that which man Builds to contain it and therefore re-building is ALWAYS needed!

3: According to that J/O, Al GaWhore, the Oceans are out to get us!! (this is NOT a valid reason for the job)

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I spent 6 years as an offshore diver, last 3 and a half were spent in the GOM oil and gas field, first years spent coastal and inland doing more than I can elaborate on right now, spent about a year and a half with a marine construction outfit in jersey/staten is/nyc doing dock building, sheet pile, dreadging, very exciting, challanging and rewarding work, but unless you are union, forget about making a living.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
I did electrical work at a marina in Jersey City. There was always something to do. Lot's of rich people own yachts (hint, hint).

I say find out what the local codes are and go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.