Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
24,967 Posts
I'm learning that it's actually very easy to mess with Texas. All I'd have to do is hang around there and spread my northeast-itis. I'm like a walking small pox blanket of ideology.
You'll get no argument from me....lol.

·
Punching above his weight
10,496 Posts
Great news. I'm sending my brother. He's working on transferring all his stuff from SF to Austin. Guarantee you he votes too!

·
Registered
Remodel
29,079 Posts
I'm learning that it's actually very easy to mess with Texas. All I'd have to do is hang around there and spread my northeast-itis. I'm like a walking small pox blanket of ideology.
Bad ideas are exactly like infectious diseases. If you don't come into contact with them, you aren't going to be infected.

Some can have innoculatiins against them or an antibiotic cure, but some just seem to be the herpes of bad ideas.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,819 Posts
Maybe some righteous Texan will just shoot him where he stands as he's blathering out his NE itis.

·
10,496 Posts
Bad ideas are exactly like infectious diseases. If you don't come into contact with them, you aren't going to be infected.

Some can have innoculatiins against them or an antibiotic cure, but some just seem to be the herpes of bad ideas.
This is just completely untrue.

You think two ignorant people never independently came to the same ignorant conclusion?

·
Super Moderator
27,257 Posts
for the life of me, I can't understand the refusal to wear a mask. Let's just assume you're on to something, and that Fauci and other medical professionals have been lying in wait for years just to spring their evil plan on all of us and make us wear masks, because, I don't know it makes you look silly? What's the harm? Can you catch covid easier by wearing the mask? Does it do something else to you? Let's pretend it does nothing to protect you and that all the science is wrong and that the news feed on facebook is more truthful and honest than any other literature. Even then, WHAT IS THE HARM IN PUTTING A LITTLE PIECE OF PAPER OVER YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE? I'm genuinely curious.
Because its not in anyway a concern to me to catch Covid, at all. Not a conspiracy theorist, its real, just not worried about it. If you are wear a mask stay away from me because i dont wear masks and shake hands and have large gatherings lol. Chit my kids conned me into taking them to the Chinese buffet, which i detest, and i will not wear a mask in there either because its not required

If i go to someones business or home thats a personal choice if they require a masks, and i have a choice to go in or not and would never fault or be angry with them and have worn a mask into stores etc because its not my store and i chose to shop there.

I don't do occupied remodels but if i did I wouldn't work for someone who wants me to wear a mask. Felt terrible but have a client who we remodeled for and i love as people have a leak during ice storm, busted pipes. Can we help? Of Course, would always make time for you. But.... they asked we wear masks. We apologized and declined. Not going to wear a mask all day myself so i damn sure wont ask my men or sub contractors to

Also, yeah, the submitting thing, bending the knee, not really a Jaws thing, and used to not be an American thing. A lot of this is about bending the knee, especially now, if you dont believe that, thats 100% your business but they can get ****ed sideways

·
Super Moderator
27,257 Posts
It can capture all the crap and moisture you exhale and then you inhale it over and over. Masks worn for long periods of time cause face rashes. There has been an uptick in fungus problems in the lungs. It raises your CO2 level in the bloodstream. The surgeons masks that everyone wears are designed for sterile areas. And they are to be used for approx 20 minutes and then discarded to keep the wearer safe. The packages you buy the masks in will likely say that it can't stop viruses.

This is forced compliance to do something that is ineffective at best and harmful at worst. There have been many studies that show that masks do little to nothing and at best provide a possible UP TO 2% chance of reducing your ability to catch the virus.

If the masks worked then this would have been over already because great periods of time have passed when mask compliance was very high. The areas with the highest compliance are often the areas that have the worst case numbers.

It's time to admit the mask experiment has failed and they don't work against preventing the transmission of viruses.

I wear a mask in the shop when I know it will do something. A particulate mask is for just that, particulates. When I'm making dust I wear a mask. When I'm spraying I wear a respirator. When I'm outside in the fresh air I'm wearing no mask.

Here is the table for physiological and psychological effects of wearing a facemask:

View attachment 510996
None of that concerns me either.

·
Super Moderator
27,257 Posts
Just a hunch but you just might be in the wrong business.
100% my first thought. Coulda just been a bad day

·
Super Moderator
27,257 Posts
On the masks - I gave it the benefit of the doubt and did my best not to worry people around me - im not a dick and when it was new who knew what's up? But atleast here it's proven that a lot of lying went on - I know more than 100 people, probably 200, that had it. 3 died. All infirmed and other illnesses. I have a close friend whose a GC and he almost died, but the other 99% were sick and got over fast. Most still worked from home

Reactions: pinwheel

·
Super Moderator
27,257 Posts
Yes, I agree, until your choices start affecting me.
Well no one gives a fvck hoss. Not anything you can do about it. Move to Canada if that chit hole ain't getting it done for you in Htown. We have free will and just because you think I need to wear a mask for you doesn't mean I need to lol

·
Super Moderator
27,257 Posts

Local firefighter who passed this last week. 35 years old. New son he won’t be able to hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sucks, I feel for them, truly. I also wonder if he died WITH covid or of it....

Virtue Signal much? When i was a fire fighter another FF got hit by a texter at a wreck. You gonna turn your phone off and put in trunk to endure it never injures another person? Do me a favor and keep your mask on during flu season my wife cant get a flu shot. Also, driving in rain,.... kills a lot of firefighters and is dangerous to others on the road. So dont do that please. For everyone else. Do it for everyone else

Reactions: Robie

·
10,496 Posts
John you're forgetting heart disease. 600,000 dead Americans annually.

Wouldn't know it looking at the line in Chipotle. You know those things are 1,800 calories a pop!?
Doubt a lot of these fat ass stay safe folks are gonna start focusing on diet after they get dragged back into the office.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
So between all the violence in Oregon and now this mask BS, people decide to move from Oregon to "friendlier" states.....and bring their politics with them.
If it wasn't for extenuating circumstances, I'd move in a heartbeat. Probably North Carolina or Montana. Maybe Idaho, but it's becoming a demhole.

Of course I don't don't do politics. 😁

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
So between all the violence in Oregon and now this mask BS, people decide to move from Oregon to "friendlier" states.....and bring their politics with them.
Oregon is all red except the populous areas of Portland and Eugene.

It’s the conservatives that want to leave.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,019 Posts
for the life of me, I can't understand the refusal to wear a mask. Let's just assume you're on to something, and that Fauci and other medical professionals have been lying in wait for years just to spring their evil plan on all of us and make us wear masks, because, I don't know it makes you look silly? What's the harm? Can you catch covid easier by wearing the mask? Does it do something else to you? Let's pretend it does nothing to protect you and that all the science is wrong and that the news feed on facebook is more truthful and honest than any other literature. Even then, WHAT IS THE HARM IN PUTTING A LITTLE PIECE OF PAPER OVER YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE? I'm genuinely curious.
It's not about the mask. Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Mike.
___

·
Problem Solver
49 Posts
Oregon is all red except the populous areas of Portland and Eugene.

It’s the conservatives that want to leave.

Bingo. I came here from PA 4 years ago. Politics in PA were ruled by Philthadelphia, Harrisburg & Pittsburgh. Conservative politics were suppressed by gerrymandering, cheating and lies. Just outside Eugene (Hippieville) now and guess what? It's the same with Portlandia, Eugene and Salem.
Anyway, this is where the grandbabies are, so here I stay. Getting too old to think about moving again. Leaving the liberal ****hole I am working at the end of this year and just doing my own thing then. At least then I can limit my exposure to the idiots.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Gosh, I hate to go political but the original post hits points that affect those of us trying to make a living. With that I say we Defund Stupid People. I believe Fauci's politics are more dangerous long term than the virus. Codid 19 has made Fauci quite famous not to mention a multi millionaire. Fauci is a predator, his pray is citizens to choose ignorance.

Yesterday I spent about 4 hours sanding cabinet fronts, with hepa vac attached to the ROS, shop filter on and I wore an N95 mask, not the paper/cloth covid catchers we see 99% of the people wearing . Why do I still have brown boogers? Maybe the same reason masks did little to slow the spread 6 months ago.

I've avoided Covid for 14 or 15 months, I haven't gotten the vaccine. I wear a mask indoors when in public. Not to protect myself but mostly do it out of respect of others and their belief's. I believe it became obvious about 6 months ago the mask thing was something much more than spreading water droplets.

So IF I choose to get the vaccine, the chances are very good that I can't get covid, can't carry covid, can't transmit covid but I still need to wear a mask. Small Businesses, sporting events, churches, schools, eateries are still partially shut down. Business in many cities have announced they will continue remote work until fall. Most of this stuff is happening in liberal states. We can gather in large groups freely as long as we call it a protest and/or are crossing the border. Seems to me someone isn't telling the truth.

And the liberal media/leaders want to call conservative people crazy.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts