Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke it down and 90% of the time for every project man/people are usually the biggest headache. Not the customers but in general. People have gotten mummified with that stupid mask and are basically blind and don't know what they're doing. Working in a demented stupid society makes little things difficult regularly. It's rarely the materials or the scope of work or the expectations to be met or troubleshooting it's people. Driving to work tailgate hostility, the person at the drive thru to get coffee doesn't understand what two sugars means, I go to store for materials and the mask Gestapo police stares at me cause I don't wear that political Chinese liar's mask. Everything is upside down. Feel like dropping everything and running to the hills off the grid and being in a sane town area with a small normal population.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
I broke it down and 90% of the time for every project man/people are usually the biggest headache. Not the customers but in general. People have gotten mummified with that stupid mask and are basically blind and don't know what they're doing. Working in a demented stupid society makes little things difficult regularly. It's rarely the materials or the scope of work or the expectations to be met or troubleshooting it's people. Driving to work tailgate hostility, the person at the drive thru to get coffee doesn't understand what two sugars means, I go to store for materials and the mask Gestapo police stares at me cause I don't wear that political Chinese liar's mask. Everything is upside down. Feel like dropping everything and running to the hills off the grid and being in a sane town area with a small normal population.
Just a hunch but you just might be in the wrong business.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,633 Posts

Local firefighter who passed this last week. 35 years old. New son he won’t be able to hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cause of death could have just as easily been car crash, line of duty serving the public, add infinitum possible causes of early death. Maybe I could find you the obit for a friend of mine's aunt who died of complications of taking the vaccine.

Life can be dangerous & leaving our house we all assume a certain amount of risk without demanding everyone in society to change their behavior to make them feel safe.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You may want to try Decaf ☕

·
Registered
13,548 Posts
So like much of my remodeling work it takes a year to evolve......
Started this work in January has been nothing but a hassle I can't seem to wrap it up because the supplies and subcontractors as well as a customer changing things on the spur of the moment.

This morning she tells me she doesn't want to get carried away because she's looking to get the hell out of New Jersey and move to South Carolina by midsummer they're going to put it on the market.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,499 Posts
Work by myself in a shop for the most part. Usually the only people I'm pissed at is my boss.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,499 Posts
That would be everybody. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
for the life of me, I can't understand the refusal to wear a mask. Let's just assume you're on to something, and that Fauci and other medical professionals have been lying in wait for years just to spring their evil plan on all of us and make us wear masks, because, I don't know it makes you look silly? What's the harm? Can you catch covid easier by wearing the mask? Does it do something else to you? Let's pretend it does nothing to protect you and that all the science is wrong and that the news feed on facebook is more truthful and honest than any other literature. Even then, WHAT IS THE HARM IN PUTTING A LITTLE PIECE OF PAPER OVER YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE? I'm genuinely curious.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Fogs up my glasses.
for the life of me, I can't understand the refusal to wear a mask. Let's just assume you're on to something, and that Fauci and other medical professionals have been lying in wait for years just to spring their evil plan on all of us and make us wear masks, because, I don't know it makes you look silly? What's the harm? Can you catch covid easier by wearing the mask? Does it do something else to you? Let's pretend it does nothing to protect you and that all the science is wrong and that the news feed on facebook is more truthful and honest than any other literature. Even then, WHAT IS THE HARM IN PUTTING A LITTLE PIECE OF PAPER OVER YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE? I'm genuinely curious.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,499 Posts
It can capture all the crap and moisture you exhale and then you inhale it over and over. Masks worn for long periods of time cause face rashes. There has been an uptick in fungus problems in the lungs. It raises your CO2 level in the bloodstream. The surgeons masks that everyone wears are designed for sterile areas. And they are to be used for approx 20 minutes and then discarded to keep the wearer safe. The packages you buy the masks in will likely say that it can't stop viruses.

This is forced compliance to do something that is ineffective at best and harmful at worst. There have been many studies that show that masks do little to nothing and at best provide a possible UP TO 2% chance of reducing your ability to catch the virus.

If the masks worked then this would have been over already because great periods of time have passed when mask compliance was very high. The areas with the highest compliance are often the areas that have the worst case numbers.

It's time to admit the mask experiment has failed and they don't work against preventing the transmission of viruses.

I wear a mask in the shop when I know it will do something. A particulate mask is for just that, particulates. When I'm making dust I wear a mask. When I'm spraying I wear a respirator. When I'm outside in the fresh air I'm wearing no mask.

Here is the table for physiological and psychological effects of wearing a facemask:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Are you kidding!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
all those surgeons and doctors who spend all day in surgery with masks on must be a major mess at the end of the day. "There are many studies" then show them to me. Cite your source for the official looking gobblety **** you posted up above. Almost none of it is true.

Fact check: False and misleading information in post listing ‘dangers’ of face masks Just one source.
First of all surgeons are not in surgery all day. Most surgeries are done in the mornings and most don’t last very long. It’s not like being at work all day with a mask on then stopping at the store on the way home with a mask on then going out to eat with your mask on. Surgeons probably don’t wear a mask for more than two or three hours a day. You just wear your face diaper and don’t worry about what other people are doing.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
24,390 Posts
all those surgeons and doctors who spend all day in surgery with masks on must be a major mess at the end of the day. "There are many studies" then show them to me. Cite your source for the official looking gobblety **** you posted up above. Almost none of it is true.

Fact check: False and misleading information in post listing ‘dangers’ of face masks Just one source.
A recent Stanford study....

The study added:
According to the current knowledge, the virus SARS-CoV-2 has a diameter of 60 nm to 140 nm [nanometers (billionth of a meter)] [16], [17], while medical and non-medical facemasks’ thread diameter ranges from 55 µm to 440 µm [micrometers (one millionth of a meter), which is more than 1000 times larger [25]. Due to the difference in sizes between SARS-CoV-2 diameter and facemasks thread diameter (the virus is 1000 times smaller), SARS-CoV-2 can easily pass through any facemask

1 - 20 of 101 Posts