Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to pick one comp or PVC deck to recommend to a customer that will last 20 years plus in a cold climate in winter and very hot in summer toronto what would you pick.

Azek
Trex
Wolf
Timber tech
Veranda
Etc
Etc

One of us know how it will look in 20 years but what are people experiences with what's out there.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I feel the biggest problem is ignorance. Nearly every manufacturer has a basic line (mostly aimed at track home builders) and it gets lumped in with the high end line that performs significantly different.

I might even agree with JonMon as far as ms being a contender if the ms product line he is referencing is Moistureshield PRO.

Personally I like fiberon horizon, fiberon protect, and duralife siesta.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RobertCDF said:
Your question is flawed. Your examples are manufactures, you need to ask for manufactures AND product lines. It's like asking "will a Chevy be good for my construction business?" Chevy what? Chevy Cobalt? Chevy minivan? Chevy aveo? Chevy truck?
Just want to know your favorite lets not get nick picky trex transend etc

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
still no good you mean llc, like limited liability corp? and what's a deckmater? tomato for a deck? tried putting an "s" in there for masters...still no good

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
still no good you mean llc, like limited liability corp? and what's a deckmater? tomato for a deck? tried putting an "s" in there for masters...still no good
I thought it was deckmastersllc but I dunno. I doubt jonmon has much about man made on his site.

Want composite pictures? Go to my website. www.mysteeldeck.com

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
not my intent to hijack the thread here because i'm really curious as to what you pros like the best because i'm having my deck rebuilt this summer.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dayexco said:
not my intent to hijack the thread here because i'm really curious as to what you pros like the best because i'm having my deck rebuilt this summer.
Do you guys prefer PVC or comp

·
Artist and not a curator
13,561 Posts
Don't go there... Its a hornets nest, gotta get more specific if you don't want a "my deck is bigger" confrontation.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I really like Genovation , never worked with any other brand to compare to thou. Only con was the price. Think it was about $5.25 ft plus the accessories. a small 10x10 cost $3600 in material alone.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
my deck goes around 3 sides of my house, i'm guessing about 800 sq. ft. i know cedar's my cheapest bet, but i don't want the annual sealing, hassle with it anymore.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
that's a bad link for me.
Darn it ! that outfit dropped me and never said anything about it.

Thanks for the heads up .I will see what's up with that tomorrow.

I am pretty much hooked up with Moisture Shield on It's site and a social Net thing. I really have no need to use anything else the stuff does everything I need it to do.

Thanks again.

J.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts