Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at the travelling Makita display truck a few days ago and checked out their display of products. The 24 volt full 7 1/4 circular saw was impressive as all hell. Cut a bunch of wood with it, it cuts like butter, excellent handeling and balance and the 24 volt batteries are smaller than Dewalts 18 volt batteries. The only thing stopping this saw from being the best thing out there is the price, $890 full retail for saw, charger and 2 batteries. The rep said you should see them for about $500 in stores. Damn that is alot of money, but what a nice saw!

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Personally, - - I think battery operated tools are over-priced, over-rated, and generally highly unnecessary. The only battery operated tools I use are cordless drills, - - and that's if there's just a few screws to run. I can't see using a cordless to run say, several hundred deck screws in a row, - - when I have electric right there. Admittedly, - - all my work is on 'existing' structures, - - so electric is always close at hand. Electric tools are much cheaper, - - they last longer, - - and you're not forever recharging batteries, - - and yes Mike, - - I am 'old' and 'traditional' :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Well written, Tom R. I can't think of a single thing to add.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts