Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL!
I've got the typical Blue Makita 10" table saw that was sitting around in a deep corner that I sort of forgot about I dragged it out to use it...then I remember why it was sitting in the corner ! The angle or bevel on the blade won't stay at 0 ! Then I remembered hearing that a few years back Makita got cheap and made those gears that adjust this angle out of plastic instead of metal ! Don't know how true this is....but is there a fix I can do ? Are parts available ? And what are they ???
MANY THANKS !!!!! CarpTed II

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's at a jobsite about a half hour from me right know. I don't know it off the top of my head. But it is the 10" contractors grade that has the attached stand with it, if that helps !

THANKS !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Model 2703

Hi ALL!
I called Makita and they suggested that the problem was the rack plate. So I ordered two of them because they are less than $3.00 @ ! See if that takes care of the problem !
I hope it's as east to replace as I'm thinking ? Take of knobs on the front , replace plate and ....go !
The blade has no problem moving past this zero area, so I suspect this IS the problem?
THANKS, CarpTed II

1 - 4 of 4 Posts