Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this should go in the tools section but seems this is where the answer would be.
Which do you guys like best the Makita 6834 or the Senco DS200-AC.
I am buying one of these this week and the question is which one is better and of course is the Makita twice as good caus it costs twice as much.?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I suggest you use the search function and read some previous threads. There's plenty of them. The true answer to your question is neither.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
There are tons of them, I've answered this question a dozen times alone on here. Not sure why they don't show up.

We have 2 of each of the sencos and the makitas. The makitas will do everything, the sencos are only good for drywall and not much else. I've had one of the makitas in for repair and none of the sencos, however as cheap as the sencos are I'd probably throw it away and replace it rather then repair it. The Makita needing repair isn't necessarily painting it as a faulty tool. We use the makitas probably 10:1 to the sencos and use them for harder materials so they are working much harder then the sencos. The sencos wouldn't need repair if used the same way, they simply would not perform at all.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thxs Mike,
I am looking at this for only sheet rock as I have been doing alot of basements lately.
Senco it is.

·
Profit is not dirty.
487 Posts
I have the Senco, and they seem to be good. I have the 18 v and love it... the only draw back is that it is hard to get into the corners. the senco 14.4 are the lesser of the gun, meaning that they do not preform as well as the 18 v. My crews run the 14.4 and i can out preform them when we compaire the 18v to them. However the screws are expensive, but the production is up.

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts