Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I like the track rac, easy to move, has wheels, very sturdy!!:thumbsup:
although that stand from makita looks sturdy,it looks like you need to dedicate a saw for it! i have three different saw i use!

one DW 716 (non sliding) for decks and general framing and production trim,tall base and crown)!

this makita for cab installs hardwoods and fine finish trim( This LS1016 saw is very smoooth and percise i dedicated it for only top notch paying customer jobs:laughing:)

and alittle hitachi 10" for small shoe,basic installs,few casings,Etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Nah i like the track rac! and believe me i tried them all!:whistling

if this one opens like the table saw stand, Then it will be a good seller though!

The table saw stand rises easier than the bosch, and it has stops at 36,34,32 so you can use different hieght out feed table, like the plastic tables ,Mft tables,Etc:thumbup:

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the way the stand can be used as a trolly also. Just another way to get rid of something from the trailer. Looks solid but like you saw it looks like a one saw dedicated stand. Would be fine for me as i only use the one makita sliding compound but for people with more than one saw looks like hassle to change.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
and most of the time i bring my saw on top of a deck or in a new/old house for installs so for me its a no go,

I used to have a older delta stand like this,never took it out much,Thank fully for craigslist i sold all that stuff,and the dewalt stand sold on craigs lasted 3mnths and the supports wore out!

this makita stand looks better than the new ridgids,or deltas!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like my stablemate wish it had wheels though, That is one fricken huge stand. there is tons of room for setting stuff i guess.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Saw the stand at a roadshow and it is not as heavy as I thought it would be. Has the extension feeder rollers that I really liked. It folds up really easily similar to a gravity stand on a table saw. The only thing I wish it had was a longer extension available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts