Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Motivated Noob
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Makita HR4010C Rotary Hammer Drills that are used mostly in demolition. Both of the hammers have stopped hammering. They still drill but will not hammer.

Anybody had this problem before or know of a solution to get them to hammer again?

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
BarrierIslands said:
I have two Makita HR4010C Rotary Hammer Drills that are used mostly in demolition. Both of the hammers have stopped hammering. They still drill but will not hammer. Anybody had this problem before or know of a solution to get them to hammer again?
Did you regularly grease the bits? The grease helps cool the bit and lubricate.

Try and put a good bit if grease on the bit and insert it in. Then bang the but against something hard whilst it in the drill. Try this a few times and it may free it up then function normal again.

·
Motivated Noob
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you regularly grease the bits? The grease helps cool the bit and lubricate.

Try and put a good bit if grease on the bit and insert it in. Then bang the but against something hard whilst it in the drill. Try this a few times and it may free it up then function normal again.

I messed up in my previous post, I hadn't actually seen the drills yet and asked the wrong question.

Apparently both of them drill, even when in hammer only mode. I did what you said and it didn't help with the problem.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
BarrierIslands said:
I messed up in my previous post, I hadn't actually seen the drills yet and asked the wrong question.

Apparently both of them drill, even when in hammer only mode. I did what you said and it didn't help with the problem.
Sounds like your hammer is stuck. Normally a hard knock on the bit is enough to free them up when they do that. I power mine up and hit it hard into a piece of concrete as it's spinning and it always free's them back up. I always forget to grease mine up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts