Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have been using the new Makita duel 18V / 36V cordless power saw for the last few weeks, and its a little ripper! I shot this review video for anyone else who maybe considering getting one.

http://youtu.be/U2FFXqYytQw

Any questions on its performance im happy to answer.

All the best,

James Mason

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Heya, just curious about ya'lls building process. Why the straps on top of the LVL's before decking? What is the decking material?

Watching other countries build is wild sometimes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heya, just curious about ya'lls building process. Why the straps on top of the LVL's before decking? What is the decking material?

Watching other countries build is wild sometimes.
Hi Duburban, the straps were to hold down the batterns that were attached to the top of the LVLs that we installed to create a fall to our box gutter. Sometimes they are referred to as cyclone ties. The decking substrate is called Sycon sheeting which is a fibrous cement product. We then installed a water proof membrane over the top.

I will have a video of the whole process coming up in the next few months so subscribe to my YouTube channel if u like to check it out. I will more than likely post it here anyway :D

Cheers mate, hope that answered your question.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,278 Posts
Hi DIS, they are always on that side in Australia, what country are u from?

Maybe it's like our cars driving on different sides of the road :D
The blade is on that side here as well, with that saw anyway.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hi Duburban, the straps were to hold down the batterns that were attached to the top of the LVLs that we installed to create a fall to our box gutter. Sometimes they are referred to as cyclone ties. The decking substrate is called Sycon sheeting which is a fibrous cement product. We then installed a water proof membrane over the top.

I will have a video of the whole process coming up in the next few months so subscribe to my YouTube channel if u like to check it out. I will more than likely post it here anyway :D

Cheers mate, hope that answered your question.
I read that as the floor system for the 2nd floor. Roof decking makes more sense.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi koa, I think they are similar, each county usually has different code numbers, plus u guys are imperial and we are metric.
The bases seem different. Check out the depth of cut guides. Yours is cast as you point out in your video, the one in the Makita USA link looks to be stamped steel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts