Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that Makita tools just got a lot cheaper. Pick a free tool with a $330 combo kit. I'm a helper with none of my own power tools. I want to go ahead and invest in some of my own equipment. The lead carpenter I work with uses a cordless Makita light, drill, and impact, but the rest of his tools are corded. Dad (boss) still uses Dewalt 18-volt nicad stuff when he is on the job. He has never even used a lithium ion battery. I am not too fond of cords, and must have Lithium ion. I have researched all the popular cordless platforms. I was planning on buying only Milwaukee M18 products, as I don't want to get my tools confused with anyone else. I think I might have to take advantage of this deal on the Makita though. I can label my tools.

Considering a drill, impact, light, circ-saw, with free recip-saw for $330

Could I even go wrong for that price?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...ecZyg?Nao=24&Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE|0#.Unm2k0Yo7IU

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
BuilderToBe said:
Just noticed that Makita tools just got a lot cheaper. Pick a free tool with a $330 combo kit. I'm a helper with none of my own power tools. I want to go ahead and invest in some of my own equipment. The lead carpenter I work with uses a cordless Makita light, drill, and impact, but the rest of his tools are corded. Dad (boss) still uses Dewalt 18-volt nicad stuff when he is on the job. He has never even used a lithium ion battery. I am not too fond of cords, and must have Lithium ion. I have researched all the popular cordless platforms. I was planning on buying only Milwaukee M18 products, as I don't want to get my tools confused with anyone else. I think I might have to take advantage of this deal on the Makita though. I can label my tools. Considering a drill, impact, light, circ-saw, with free recip-saw for $330 Could I even go wrong for that price? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-18-Volt-LXT-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-4-Piece-with-Free-Reciprocating-Saw-LXT437-BJR182Z/204510191?N=c2ecZyg%3FNao%3D24%26Ns%3DP_REP_PRC_MODE%7C0#.Unm2k0Yo7IU
I paid 400 for that lots less the circular saw. I love that kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts