Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know proposed availability of the gun advertised by Makita in this video? It was posted in June so I would think it would be out by the end of the year. We're primarily interested in it for use in safety and security window films.

Makita Cordless Caulking Gun YouTube video

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
the milwaukee has been out longer than the dewalt. hilit makes an extremely good one though.

Reactions: Solar Control

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're invested in Makita's batteries but will pick up a competitors' system if we're awarded a sizable job. The Dow 995 we use is not the easiest to apply so we're looking for anything that will help make the finished job look better.

Nice article on the Milwaukee Tim. I went ahead and added it to my wishlist.

·
Money Maker
852 Posts
Solar Control said:
We're invested in Makita's batteries but will pick up a competitors' system if we're awarded a sizable job. The Dow 995 we use is not the easiest to apply so we're looking for anything that will help make the finished job look better.

Nice article on the Milwaukee Tim. I went ahead and added it to my wishlist.
I help a solar company here in NJ. We were doing a HUGE pitch roof. Well alot of them. Over 1600 panels. LOTS of L clips to be put on and they used the ryobi too. Sure made the job go faster. They went with the cheaper system on the job due to that supper sticky solar seal getting on the gun and batteries it was cheaper to throw them out after the job plus 1 dropped off the roof and broke. Lol

Not trying to steer you any direction but figure out what it is they will be used for and find the best solution.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,457 Posts
I see in the video that gun was being used in Japan. I've not seen them here in the states:blink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts