Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
curapa said:
Anyone have any experience with a sds chuck being stuck? It was working fine earlier today but when I went to roll up today the chuck would not move to allow the bit to come out. I tried the old hammer tap on the chuck but had no success.
Something similar happened to a bosch I owned. I blew out the concrete dust in the release mechanism with a compressor and sprayed some wd40. It works fine now. Makes me want to buy that milwaukee dust shroud system.

http://www.toolup.com/milwaukee_230...cse&utm_campaign=sc&scpid=8&scid=scsho3188590

But I guess I would need to buy a milwaukee hammer to make it match XD

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Yeah if you don't keep em lubed they can seize, drill in reverse, tap with a hammer, if it's really stuck replace the chuck.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
If you have a spot you can drill into without consequences try running it in 3-4 inches and the run it in reverse, sometimes that'll break it loose (note: sometimes, no guarantees) then the next tricks are hammer tapping, then hammer destroying...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I got a cheap bit stuck in my impact so I clamped it in a vice and ran it in reverse....not sure if I'd do the same with a hammerdrill. :laughing:

Reactions: rex
1 - 6 of 6 Posts